Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Sr. Energy Analyst - DER (Remote USA or Toronto/Ottawa, Canada)
Senior Energy Analyst
• Develop a process to assess Distributed Energy Resources (DER) value for US utilities and/or government agencies
• Develop internal- and external-facing tools and workflows that enable strategic decision-making process
• Assist with developing and designing innovative DER program strategies and roadmaps
• Support strategic decisions by evaluating and benchmarking DER program
• Oversee market research on various DER technologies including measure adoption, saturation, feasibility, etc.
• Develop advanced energy saving calculations and economic analyses for the residential and commercial sectors supporting utility DER programs
• Prepare and present persuasive presentations and short reports to stakeholders
• Co-author reports and other client deliverables, journal articles, white papers and marketing pieces
• Manage clients and projects
• Work in cross-functional teams to build and improve processes• Mentor and train junior staff
• Master’s degree in Mechanical, Architectural or Electrical Engineering, Building Science, Energy Management, Energy Policy and Planning, or related subjects
• 3+ years of related energy industry experience, including experience in DER technology assessment (e.g EE, DR, solar and storage)
• Experience with data science, and machine learning in Python or R
• Understanding of economic valuation such as NPV and IRR analysis, and utility cost-effectiveness tests
• Knowledge of evaluation, measurement, and verification of energy efficiency
• Understanding of building science, heat transfer and thermodynamics
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including advanced programming experience • Strong writing and communication skills
• Experience with data handling, transformation and analysis
• Experience with statistical analysis and inference
• Experience and knowledge of renewables, and energy storage systems
• Experience with energy modeling tools (e.g., OpenStudio, EnergyPlus) and developing new measures in Ruby• Knowledge of energy policy and regulation especially related to DER / DSM. Experience in regulatory and public stakeholder processes would be highly
• Experience with business development and client development
• Experience with energy saving evaluation, measurement and verification methods and protocols (e.g. IPMVP)
• Advanced programming/scripting skills, cloud architecture, HTML, PowerBI
• Knowledge of building construction methods, mechanical systems and related energy use in residential and commercial construction
• Demonstrates trustworthiness and upholds the highest ethical standards
• Ensures that information flows effectively to others
• Identifies, collects, and analyzes the information needed to solve a problem effectively
• Clearly expresses ideas, thoughts, and concepts in writing
• Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)