Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Sr. Consultant / Programme Manager in Social Policy
Sr. Consultant / Programme Manager in Social Policy
ICF is a global management consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future.
Are you interested in applying your knowledge and expertise in public policy in a practical and impactful way? Are you passionate about addressing big social issues of the day, covering employment, social inclusion, poverty, skills, education and training, migration and asylum, public administration, to name a few?
Our portfolio in designing and implementing large-scale programmes for the European Commission and UK government is expanding. To support this growth, we are looking for a Senior Consultant who is able to take forward the policy content and organisational aspects of our work.
You will join our team to manage a DG REFORM programme. Your work will be hands-on and varied, ranging from researching and preparing thematic and analytical papers, identifying good practice in European countries and developing content for knowledge banks, through to supporting practical learning and networking in the form of working groups, workshops, study visits, seminars, etc. This is grounded in a solid understanding and application of the policy subject-matter, as well as an ability to interact with many stakeholders, such as national ministries, international organisations, non-governmental bodies, independent experts, etc. This naturally requires a flair for good writing and communication in a multi-national environment.
Main responsibilities :
Research, analyse and produce policy content in different forms. Examples include preparing thematic or analytical papers, case studies, good practice fiches, mapping and comparative exercises, monitoring and evaluation surveys, stakeholder interviews, etc.
Prepare reports, presentations and other written deliverables for a range of audiences, from technical annual reports through to website content.
Contribute to the design and organisation of face-to-face, virtual and hybrid events, supported by a dedicated event logistics and technical team. This includes developing elements of the agenda, taking notes and writing summaries, and facilitating event discussions.
Contribute to the organisation and support of other programme-related activities, such as working groups, secretariats, helpdesk or advisory services, communities of practice and expert networks and more.
Contribute to proposal-writing and preparations, including writing sections of the technical offer, and identifying and coordinating with relevant experts.
Undertake other consultancy tasks, as required.
University degree or equivalent in sociology, public policy, politics, law, economics or a related discipline.
Professional experience in consultancy, public policy and/or government affairs in the EU and/or UK – as an approximate guide:
Senior Consultant – 6+ years;
At Senior Consultant level, you will typically take forward and coordinate packages of activities and deliverables, as well as be more involved in project and line management and more complex proposal-writing, where opportunities arise.
Knowledge and interest in social policy, ideally in relation to employment, labour market, social inclusion and protection, skills, education and training, migration and asylum, public administration and governance.
Strong organisational and coordination skills, including time management, multi-tasking and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Solid foundation in research and analysis, including basic qualitative and quantitative methods.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including interacting with multi-national and multi-disciplinary stakeholders.
Excellent verbal, written, analytical and presentation skills in English - additional European languages an advantage.
‘Can do’ attitude, with the ability over time to perform tasks with minimum supervision.
Willingness to travel within Europe, as required and once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals.
The benefits of joining ICF:
- Our people at ICF, are our most important asset, so we invest in them from the moment you arrive. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well.
- ICF offer a hybrid working policy, that will offer you flexibility to collaborate in the office, as well as in the comfort of your own home, to successfully deliver the requirements of your role and the business.
- The employee wellbeing hub, which was launched in January 20022, is designed to provide highly personalised support across a comprehensive range of wellbeing issues, such as mind, body, finances, community, career programs and HR support.
- We also offer a unique and competitive recognition programme called ‘You Matter’, awarding points as a ‘thank you’ for your work achievements, which can be spent on a large variety of high-quality items, as well as online or high-street vouchers, all with zero tax payable by the employee.
- We encourage and provide continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning, development opportunities and career frameworks.
- ICF also offers a range of competitive benefits, which include, but not limited to the following:
- Single Private Medical Insurance cover (Bupa), with no restrictions on providing treatment for existing medical conditions. Options available for broader partner or family level cover, plus we also offer dental insurance (Bupa) and an online GP service.
- 25 days annual leave, plus UK bank holidays (annual leave increases with years of service).
- Pension scheme with 5% of salary employer contribution (minimum employee contribution 4%).
- Life assurance paying 4x annual salary and Group Income Protection paying 66% of salary for up to 5 years if you are off work on long term sick.
- Enhanced parental leave policies, enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental pay.
London Riverscape (GB75)