Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Sr. Account Manager, Energy Efficiency Programs- New York
Sr. Account Manager, Energy Efficiency New York
We are currently seeking Multifamily/Commercial and Industrial (C&I)/Technical Account Manager to join our Northeast Energy Efficiency team to provide critical program support and technical field services for New York City based energy efficiency programs as well as other areas of the northeast.
- Work as part of the energy efficiency team ensuring that the implementation of client sponsored energy projects is successfully executed
- Provide market outreach, technical assistance, and guidance on energy efficient technologies, project implementation, and best practices to building owners/operators, property managers, architects, engineers, developers and other trade allies participating in client-sponsored existing facility and new construction programs. Must be able to effectively communicate to both technical trade allies and non-technical audiences.
- Review energy audits, technical specifications, energy usage, modeling, construction documents and cost/pay back calculations for energy efficiency projects.
- Independently build and maintain relationships with key market stakeholders in the building energy industry including building owners, operators, property managers, architects, engineers, developers, energy raters/consultants, public officials, public interest groups, and utility customers to assess their needs, support their energy efficiency projects and building operation objectives.
- Contribute to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features, services, and marketing campaigns
- Conduct market ally outreach and training as needed
- Assess commercial grade whole building efficiency strategies, building plans and specifications, and make recommendations for energy efficiency upgrades or improvements.
- Prepare status reports to accurately describe activities in the field and to monitor progress towards program goals on contractor/consultant participation and the completion of eligible projects
- Coordinate with or follow up on program Quality Assurance activities as appropriate.
- 3+ years of experience with a Master’s degree (preferred) in Engineering, Energy, Building Science, Environmental Science, Construction Management) or related experience.
- 3+ years of business-to-business technical sales or technical project management experience
- Experience with high performance building systems
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas
- Demonstrated experience in conducting outreach to decision makers and stakeholders to identify energy efficiency project opportunities in residential or commercial buildings.
- Self-driven with focus to meet assigned goals for team success and personal satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills to present elevator pitches for energy saving concepts and projects and listening to stakeholders to understand stakeholder requirements and motivations
- Build trust, develop relationships, and demonstrate value as an independent partner to advance energy projects by overcoming objections with a compelling reason to take action
- Develop and manage a funnel of project opportunities from initial stages to completion that you will track inside a CRM
- Time management skills to maximize effectiveness using software to organize schedules and track progress to goals
- Demonstrated experience advancing clean energy/energy efficiency, with specific expertise in energy efficiency technologies, products, and issues in both existing and new construction buildings (residential, multifamily, or commercial).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York Remote Office (NY99)