Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Solutions Engineer - Remote
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to assist with solution development efforts and support technology development at ICF! Experience with large Digital Modernization and/or solution development efforts is preferred.
The Solutions Engineer will play a critical role in supporting technology initiatives. The ideal candidate for this position will work in a hands-on capacity with internal and external clients as a trusted advisor, lead design, and technical discussions, and assist in the design of technical solutions. We are looking for a creative technologist who can communicate technology recommendations and decisions to business leadership. Preventing the problem is the goal but finding the solution is your focus. You believe that it can always be made better, faster, and more reliable!
Here’s what you’ll be doing day to day in this Solutions Engineer role:
- Create and deliver cloud technology and/or data analytic solutions strategies that will meet business needs (and solve business problems) leveraging experience in technology and strategy consulting. This includes (but is not limited to): high level system requirements, technical specifications, sample data models, data source mappings with business definitions, reports, visualizations, and metadata management. Define and deliver cloud technology and/or data analytic and/or IT system requirements, product architecture & design approaches.
- Create technical implementation roadmaps. Create end-to-end Agile software lifecycle management plans with customized Agile teams and processes to successfully deliver cloud technology and/or data analytic projects.
- Work with clients and partners to define business cases for innovative cloud and/or data analytic solutions to meet their business needs. Industries include but are not limited to Healthcare, Grants Management, Finance and Social Service industries. Facilitate client meetings, workshops, customer interviews, and information gathering to achieve this objective.
- Analyze existing business and technical requirements to create current-state assessments that will be used to propose cloud technology and/or data analytic strategies compatible with current systems and architecture standards. These analyses include, but are not limited to reviewing/evaluating business requirements and specifications of existing systems and processes, interpreting and analyzing existing application system code (in Java, Python, C++ or other equivalent technologies) and/or analyzing Extract, Transfer and Load (ETL) procedures, identifying clients data sources, analyzing source data and dimensional data models, performing data analysis by writing complex data-related analysis SQL queries, identifying new products, feature enhancements or data enrichment opportunities.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing and become a trusted advisor to decision makers. Employ a well-balanced approach to addressing complex infrastructure concepts.
- Design and optimize performance, quality, and security (i.e., workload and data sensitivity) of cloud and/or data analytic solutions. Engineer and design large scale enterprise infrastructure and integration patterns by leveraging automation and process efficiencies.
- Perform explanatory analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and use options-based decision-making to help ensure we are building the “right” thing.
- Continuously innovate, identify, and develop proofs of concept based on the evolving industry landscape to drive technology solution initiatives. Creating proofs of concept includes (but is not limited to) tasks like loading client/sample data into databases for analysis, creating sample structured reporting data, integrating databases into visualization and/or design tools, and developing wireframes with pseudo code.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other technology leaders and stakeholders across ICF and our client engagements to offer pertinent solutions.
- Address technical architecture gaps, recommend resolutions, and mentor staff on solving for product design issues using appropriate technologies.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- 8+ years of experience working in software engineering environments and delivering production solutions/systems.
- 5+ years of experience in the development of object-oriented software with programming languages like Java, C++, Python, Ruby, or SQL, ideally in SOA applications.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS, Azure, or container cloud services.
- 3+ years creating visual documentation of complex technology architectures.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience building services in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS in Cloud environments.
- 3+ years of experience working in Agile methodologies.
- 2+ years of experience using modern container orchestration systems: Kubernetes, Mesos, DC/OS, Swarm, SAS etc.
- 2+ years of experience leading human centered design workshops.
- Certified AWS, GCP, Azure, or other cloud, or ready to get certified.
Why you'll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, peer-taught lunch and
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$121,041.00 - $205,770.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)