Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Solutions Architect (Hybrid)
We are looking for an Applications Architect who is customer-focused and passionate about helping a government agency modernize and transform its legacy website through pragmatic enterprise strategies. If you have an equal passion for tapping into the collective wisdom of developers to create team synergy, then we want to talk with you.
This position requires a high level of technical expertise, combined with excellent planning, coordination, and communication skills, and the ability to work with teams. You will provide leadership in developing new system requirements and researching, evaluating, and selecting solutions. The ideal candidate will play a critical role in helping our team formalize, standardize, and mature our cloud services offerings using AWS. You possess a good understanding of modern low-code/no-code platforms such as ServiceNow. You understand the importance of security and believe risk management should be tackled early and not as an afterthought. You have been through the trenches in helping teams obtain authority to operate (ATO) and can have intelligent discussions around NIST recommendations and security controls. You are invested in the use of automation and creating an environment that fosters DevSecOps approaches. You articulate the connection from technical services to business capabilities and help client organizations navigate the tension between evolving traditional IT processes and modern approaches. You also tailor communications for a variety of audiences and bring clarity to the details around complex problems. Most importantly, you understand that leading is not about being a hero, it’s about developing capabilities in your team to deliver the right solutions for our customers.
**The preferred location for this role will be in the DC Metro area, but we will consider a hybrid location for the right candidate. **
What you’ll be doing:
- Translate business needs into application solution architecture requirements, making frequent use of diagrams to help communicate with broad audiences
- Inform the balance of security, tech debt, feature, and defect work
- Estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Evolve the team’s capabilities toward high performing DevSecOps practices within the Agile framework
- Drive continuous improvement
- Work with teams to help support and drive future development of the platform while coordinating and prioritizing the needs of existing programs and outcomes
- Quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new and emerging technologies
- Evaluate legacy and current applications, architecture, database design, etc. to make recommendations on improvements on design, performance, and quality
- Ensure solutions are developed and packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal technical teams
- Assume the role of technology advisor that understands customer business processes and maps them to technology solutions to optimize business outcomes
- Build and interact with APIs using AWS Lambda and API Gateway
- Own the technical roadmap and interface with Program Manager to ensure achievability
- Provide operations and monitoring support for legacy systems
- Collaborate with IT Security to ensure solutions comply with regulatory policies
- Perform proofs-of-concept as needed to determine technology solutions
- Coordinate with application developers, managers, and application experts to ensure that required features and modifications are included in the appropriate releases to support cross-product features and to communicate architectural designs and standards.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in leading and architecting enterprise software systems
- 10+ years of experience with building web-based enterprise systems
- 7+ years of application architecture or product development experience
- 3+ years of experience in building and deploying applications to AWS Cloud.
- 2+ years of experience implementing IaC using Ansible, Cloud Formation, Terraform
- Certified AWS or GCP, Azure, or other clouds, or ready to get certified
- 2 + years of experience with SQL and database development and migration
- Experience obtaining an ATO
- Due to federal contract, must be US citizen or US Permanent Resident
What we'd like you to have:
- Experience with cloud endpoint security using CrowdStrike or Tenable
- Experience with headless CMS
- Experience with software development working in Agile and Scaled Agile teams
- Experience and application of practices such as microservices architecture, serverless architecture, and automated testing
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect
- Knowledge of web services, related standards, distributed architectures and design patterns and best practices
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work location
- A diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Technologies you’ll use:
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)