Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Solutions Architect - Associate (Remote)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion , is simply who we are and what we do.
ICF Next is seeking a Solutions Architect – Associate to join their team. As a Solutions Architect at ICF Next you play the central role in bringing our technical vision to life. If you have an incredible passion for technology to be used in an innovative fashion, you can join the cause. We don't believe in pigeonholing our technologists into specific platforms, so a passion for learning is a must.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Create development, architecture, hosting, networking, and other plans for the project.
- Create architecture documentation using the 4+1 view of architecture.
- Design solutions within budget and scope of work.
- Will work on everything from quick static pages to full-fledged enterprise level applications.
- Lead medium/large technical projects.
- Mentor and manage teams on assigned projects.
- Perform technology audits, and vendor selections.
- Develop and follow our architecture standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems.
- 10 years of recent technology experience.
- Experience with Linux and Windows systems architecture and maintenance.
- Deep experience with load balancing, distributed computing, and cloud architectures.
- Experience with database servers, mail servers, web servers, application servers.
- Deep understanding of common application servers and runtimes:
- Cloud Architectures - Amazon Web Services & Azure (AWS preferred)
- Architecting solutions for distributed applications
- Using unit testing frameworks / test driven development
- Working knowledge of SQL Server databases
- Developing industry standard persistence mechanisms like EJBs, JDBC, N/Hibernate, etc.
- Integration/Interpreted: Node, Java
- Back End: Java Enterprise, Kafka, ElasticSearch
- Frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, SpringBatch
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, AWS Database technologies
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Patterns
- Experience with progressive enhancement for compatibility, accessibility, and SEO.
- Stay up to date on skills, work on expanding to others.
- Mentor others based on what you’re expert in.
- Stay organized, calm, and rational in your dealings with clients and coworkers.
- Bring new ideas, tools, services, and techniques to the group.
- Use analytical thinking to make decisions based on facts and metrics whenever possible.
- Desire to lead initiatives at, or slightly above your title. (Proving that you can operate at a higher level than your current title is part of the evaluation process for promotions.)
- Work in collaboration with all Technology team members, Designers and Project Managers.
- Ability to use professional communications skills both written and verbal.
- Must have the desire to learn and accept new challenges within and outside of your core skills.
- Additional Data technologies: Nifi, Hadoop, SSRS, AWS Glue/Athena/S3/Redshift
- Containers / Kubernetes / Helm / AWS ECS/EKS
- AWS EC2, VPC/Network, Load balancer, IAM, S3, Lambda, Serverless, API Gateway, EventBridge, Step Functions, Sagemaker, Secrets Manager, CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstack, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, CodeStar, SNS/SQS
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$97,594.00 - $165,910.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)