Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
We are looking for a Solutions Architect at our Fairfax, VA operations!
The Solutions Architect will play a critical role in supporting our Public Sector Group. The ideal candidate for this position will work in a hands-on capacity with clients as a trusted advisor, lead design, and technical discussions and assist in the design of technical solutions for proposals. We are looking for a creative technologist who can communicate technology decisions to business leadership. Preventing the problem is the goal but finding the solution is your focus. You believe that it can always be made better, faster, and more reliable!
Why you'll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, peer-taught lunch and
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
Technologies you'll use:
- AWS, Azure, GCP, Java, C++, Python or Ruby, Active Directory, Networking, Kubernetes, Mesos, DC/OS, Swarm
Here’s what you’ll be doing day to day:
- Operational excellence: accountable to our Chief Technology Officer for delivering customer’s technology strategies aligned with the customer’s business objectives.
- Lead: Provide leadership in large scale infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques (IaaS/PaaS) including application migrations to cloud platforms (Azure, AWS and / or GCP) within a large enterprise environment.
- Partner: Assist clients in defining the business case for innovative cloud solutions, design the solution to help with prototyping and development with focus on DevOps, and take solution through to launch.
- Technology Advisor: Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing and become a trusted advisor to decision makers. Demonstrate a well-balanced approach to addressing complex infrastructure concepts. Maintain awareness of and Evaluate emerging cloud capabilities, technologies and tools, develop technical domain roadmaps pertinent to public cloud technologies and capabilities
- Design: Responsible for designing cloud solution resources, both IaaS and PaaS, that enable the business to securely run sensitive workloads within a cloud environment. Engineering and designing large scale enterprise infrastructure and integration patterns for cloud environments.
- Continuous Improvement: You will help and drive internal CI initiatives as it relates to developing the cloud/infrastructure practice. Also, our team maintains a variety of platform technology, including application performance monitoring, automated cloud provisioning templates, and automated bootstrap and configuration management code. You will provide input on industry standards and collaborate with fellow team leaders on the prioritization and execution of ongoing platform improvement initiatives.
- Collaboration: Work with onsite or nearshore teams to cloud solutions, templates, and backend business logic/orchestration layer. You will also work very closely with Accounts and Program Management teams.
- Problem-Solving: Provide resolution of product or platform issues in a multi-vendor client environment
- Implementation: Champion creation and implementation of standards, policies, and change management best practices.
- Mentorship: As a senior technical lead, guide technical staff in resolving technical architecture and design issues.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- 5 or more years of experience with AWS, Azure, or container cloud services.
- Certified AWS or GCP, Azure, or other cloud, or ready to get certified
- 8-10 years of experience finding and fixing critical, customer facing production issues.
- 5 or more years’ experience in the development of object-oriented software with languages like Java, C++, Python or Ruby ideally in SOA applications.
What we'd like you to have:
- Demonstrated understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards for building services in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS in Cloud environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of TOGAF and SAFe.
- Preferably experience with modern container orchestration systems: Kubernetes, Mesos, DC/OS, Swarm.
- Experience in leading human centered design workshops.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)