Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Software QA Specialist
Software QA Specialist
Ready to make a difference?ICF is seeking a Senior QAQC Software Specialist to work in our Fairfax, Virginia office. In this role, you will be working closely with project managers and the development team to provide technical QAQC support for the tools and products supporting our energy efficiency programs. This involves front-and-back-end testing of our internally developed systems, as well as writing SQL queries to support data and integration QAQC tasks. Candidates should be highly independent and driven to follow-up on tasks without prompting.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What will you be doing:
- Perform testing and QAQC on internally developed tools supporting energy efficiency programs
- Coordinate with the BA and developers to understand the tool and requirements, and compile a list of test cases
- Write and perform SQL queries to support testing tasks and data requests
- Document test results and work closely with the team on issues found
- Understand the system data, identify discrepancies, and work with the team to address as needed
What you need to have (minimum qualifications):
- 5+ years of experience software development life cycle and testing software applications
- 1+ years of Experience with SQL and writing SQL queries
What we would like you to have:
- BA/BS in quantitative subject (math, engineering, science, etc.) a plus
- Experience with test automation tasks and tools (e.g., Selenium) a plus
- Experience with issue tracking and project management tools such as JIRA, Sharepoint and/or Smartsheet
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Resourceful and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Exceptional attention to detail in communication and deliverables
- Balances and prioritizes multiple projects to meet goals, deliverables, and deadlines
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)