Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Software Engineering Manager - Remote
We seek an Engineering Manager to lead a team of approximately 20 software engineers to build robust world class software. The ideal candidate will be invested in mentoring and growing the engineering team, providing detailed and consistent feedback to them. The development manager will also identify operational challenges and be a change agent to identify root cause and remediate the problem.
The software is built using modern technologies, DevOps practices, and cloud-based infrastructure. The work setting is highly dynamic, with numerous project teams (each with multiple Scrum teams) working towards a common vision to deliver an integrated solution. All of our code is implemented to the highest standards, and we believe strongly in automation, leveraging CI/CD across the board. We deliver using Agile practices to help the government solve their most technically challenging problems. The systems we develop are used to improve the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people and revolutionize the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale.
What you'll be doing:
- Handle resource requirements, including supervisory oversight of up to 20 resources consisting of software engineers, quality engineers, and/or technical authors for new product development.
- Supporting teams for problem identification, root cause analysis and decision making.
- Establishment of performance goals for all team members.
- Foster a collaborative engineering culture and support your team members in their career progression
- Provide technical mentorship and pair engineers with peer mentors
- Advocate and spearhead the Agile SDLC across teams and with the customer
- Initiate, develop, and grow relationships within the team, across teams, and with the customer
- Work closely with executive management on the strategic goals and path for the teams
- Defining, leading, and auditing progress with development process and quality initiatives, as appropriate to meet project and product needs.
- Employ technical and thought leadership to drive products from inception to release.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management, or related discipline
- 10 or more years of experience in IT as a lead, supervisor or manager, within Information Technology teams
- 4 or more years of experience managing two or more Scrum teams in an Agile environment
- Candidate must reside in the United States and be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
What we'd like you to have:
- Previous experience with Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Experience in healthcare domain strongly preferred
- Experience in federal contracting
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Possess leadership skills to motivate your team to follow your direction, setting reasonable, challenging, and clear expectations for individuals and holding them accountable
- Ability to establish a positive working relationship with the client.
- Ability to work successfully with a cross-functional, diverse, and distributed remote development team
- Ability to work on a wide variety of high-priority tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Strong technical communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to learn and understand complex technical concepts, and to explain these concepts clearly and concisely
- Strong problem solving and structuring skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Well-tuned, interpersonal skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)