Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Software Development Intern - Campus Recruiting Program
We’re currently hiring for Software Development Interns to join our teams remotely in Summer 2022.
Please note: we will begin conversations and interviews with students in December 2021.
As a Software Development Intern, you will:
- Develop and implement digital technology solutions with appropriate software design methodology in a dynamic and fast paced team environment
- Partner with the team to perform all phases of the software development life cycle including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing and client interaction
- Work with modern DevOps tooling including Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management, and CI/CD
- Write automated unit, integration, and end-to-end tests that run in mature CI/CD pipelines
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and create solutions as required
- Assist in creation of technical documentation as part of client deliverables
- Collaborate and work in an agile team environment
As a Software Development Intern, you will have:
- An ability to define and present conceptual technology solutions to both technical and non-technical clients while articulating the value of technology to drive creative marketing platforms
- The ability to translate client goals into achievable technical specifications
- Experience with hands-on development, including an understanding of applications architecture such as:
- Object-oriented design and design patterns
- ORM libraries
- Database diagramming
- Systems diagramming
- Cloud native engineering
- Serverless and microservice based solutions
- Experience with technology skills including:
- Java, C#/.NET, TS/JS or equivalent
- One SQL database technology (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle or equivalent)
- Angular, React, Vue
- AWS, Azure
- Experience with source control: Git and/or SVN
- Ability to integrate RESTful web services
- Agile software development via SCRUM or Kanban
- GitHub page or code sample preferred
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, or related field
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)