Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) – Remote
ICF seeks a Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET) with at least five years of experience testing full-stack systems with a strong emphasis on backend, system-oriented applications to support the automation and deployment needs of highly scalable healthcare systems that directly support the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
You will play a crucial part in improving quality, speed to delivery, and consistency of software and data used in mission-critical systems supporting the federal government in delivering services across the entirety of the government. You'll be working with our engineers, product owners, and technical support teams within an Agile development process to build automated testing frameworks, implement code-based automated tests, and ultimately to build quality in for everything that we ship.
We strongly believe that the path to high-quality software is through an engineering-focused process that is supported by test engineering and quality assurance. As a team, we have worked hard to cultivate a collaborative environment between engineering and test. We believe this synergetic approach is most effective to define the necessary steps to integrate quality into the engineering and release process.
- Design robust test plans with a broad system understanding
- Define and own the test engineering stack and toolset
- Test feature/product prior to production release to ensure it meets its intended purpose
- Perform exploratory and automated testing activities as required within sprint release cycle with the intention to shift left and leverage automation to the greatest extent practical
- Assess risk with engineering deliverables and define testing strategies to mitigate
- Evaluate and implement software test automation tools and tooling standards
- Detect defects or mistakes and work with scrum team to eliminate them prior to feature release
- Be a hands-on advocate and leader for test automation, and drive continuous integration
- Build and implement automation frameworks to increase, reuse, and reduce effort
- Increase automation cycle execution run times and decrease manual analysis of results
- Keep automation current, flexible, and designed to work within a continuous integration / deployment framework
- Develop methods and procedures to create automation test data and data refresh capabilities
- Recommend meaningful and automated dynamic reports and metrics that measure the success of automation efficiency and quality, and provide action items for continuous improvement
- Work with all scrum team members (i.e. product manager, UX team, and engineers) to compose and manage integrated feature plans, testing schedules, metrics and provide feature/project and release status updates to all levels of management
- Associates Degree with 7+ years of technical experience or BS with 5+ years of relevant technical experience
- 5+ years of experience in automated testing with code
- Hands-on experience with different types of testing including Unit, Integration, Data-driven, and Exploratory
- Hands-on experience with coding tests
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL skills
- Experienced with the Linux command-line
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC) including source control, build and release processes, containerization technologies, and competency with test suite development and maintenance
- Experience with one or more continuous integration tools (e.g., Jenkins), version control systems (e.g., Git)
- Working knowledge of Agile/iterative software development practices
- Competency with test case automation frameworks
- Must live in the United States and be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Hands-on experience with coding tests using Ruby
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working on Agile development projects
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)