Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Software Developer , Data Platforms
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
ICF Next, Inc. (“ICF NEXT”) is a global marketing company. We provide marketing and communications capabilities to our customers. Over the years, our company has built and integrated a set of best-in-class marketing and communications through different agencies and consultancies. ICF NEXT brings organizations closer to the people they serve. Our focus in on the insights, creativity and technology that improve the interaction with clients and motivates meaningful action.
With a passion for marketing and communication, ICF NEXT knows when and how to accelerate the adoption of technologies and techniques that bring you closer to your customer. As voice search, artificial intelligence, and virtual and augmented reality are disrupting nearly every industry, we help organizations to stay one step ahead by orchestrating the conversations and collaborations that produce innovation. With over 1,700 staff members and more than 15 global offices, we are a global strategic partner for engagement and transformation. For more information about our company, visit www.icf.com/next.
We’re currently hiring for a Software Developer, Data Platforms in our Bangalore Office
As a Data Engineer you will:
- Provide end-to-end reporting and analytics solutions with supporting data architecture for our client customers.
- Deliver quality data solutions and services that support our internal, proprietary loyalty and campaign platform (CRM), marketing databases, data migrations and reporting/analytics projects for multiple internal (product) and external clients
- Be responsible for code and various data management activities that meet project and organizational requirements through collaboration with cross-functional teams (application developers, data and solution architects, infrastructure engineers, project managers, business analysts, QA, technical directors and account managers)
- Perform all phases of data engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing.
- Estimate engineering work effort and effectively identify and prioritize the high impact tasks.
- Troubleshoot production support issues and identify solutions as required to back up the team on Operational DBA activities.
- Use previous experience to maintain the current loyalty and marketing databases.
- Ensure queries are efficient and optimized for best performance.
- Ensure that schema modifications are modeled appropriately.
- Work with QA and development peers to review and test code changes in lower environments.
- Understand, manage and troubleshoot SQL server agent jobs and monitoring software while contributing scripts to improve predictability of database system health.
As a Data Platforms Software Developer, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience with SQL Server development (T-SQL) versions 2016+ in medium-large database implementations.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Proficient and adept communicating with client customers in varied situations.
- Demonstrated success applying data management and engineering best practices.
- Strong commitment toward preservation of data quality and integrity.
- Understanding of OLTP, OLAP/Data Warehouse (star schema) and mixed workloads
- Strong competency writing SQL queries and with relational database modeling and design.
- A solid grasp of the Git version control system.
- Ability to learn and expand use of Powershell to manage and monitor databases
- Ability to provide general production database and server administration and support
- Interest/Experience in expanding beyond SQL server to newer data technologies like Elasticsearch, Cloud or the Hadoop ecosystem and components.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Cloud Data (especially AWS)
- Python/Scala/Java, Spark
- Analytics/Data Science
- Additional SQL RDBMS (postgresql,mysql, …)
- Additional Document-store (mongodb, …)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Bangalore, India (II76)