Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is looking for a motivated software developer with solid experience in the full application development life cycle. Person will be working on a smaller development team that is responsible for creating new software, as well as maintaining and optimizing existing applications. Projects encompass a variety of clients and categories, but are currently under Cancer Surveillance System, Center of disease and control (CDC). Historically, most of our projects have been small to medium size, which means that you will have plenty of opportunity to play an active role in each phase of project, from requirements gathering to maintenance. This position is located in Rockville, MD.
- Develop a custom windows service to run schedular
- Know how to use API’s with ASP.Net and standalone applications
- Develop and maintain SQL queries
- Write/conduct unit, integration, and systems testing of components (when it makes sense)
- Analyze existing applications, identify issues, and devise solutions that make them better
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate
- 2 years of experience working with multi-tiered, secure web applications, using industry-standard best practices
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- 1 year of experience with C#, SQL, LINQ
- 1 year of experience with XML/XSLT/XML path
- 2 years of experience with Visual Studio, .Net Framework 3.5 and later, IIS
- Knowledge of 508 section compliance
- Knowledge of responsive design
- Version control with (Example: Git, SVN)
Preferred Skills/Experience but not required
- Deployment using C/I pipeline
- Telerik Controls
- SQL Reporting Service (SSRS)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) development
- Knowledge of different type of encryption/decryption
- Windows service
- Knowledge of jQuery, AJAX
- Knowledge of AWS, REACT would be beneficial
- Knowledge of visualization using Python, d3 JS and Power BI would be beneficial.
- Writes clean, concise, meaningful code that other software engineers can easily follow and understand and document.
- Comfortable working in all layers of a software application (database to front-end)
- Talented at troubleshooting and identifying bugs, issues, and impediments; and devising efficient, cost-effective solutions
- Passionate about solving problems, helping people, and coming up with innovative ideas to improve existing processes
- Works well in a team environment, values the expertise of others, and is highly teachable
- Cognizant of their own strengths, weaknesses, and limitations
- Understands the value of processes and protocol, and is willing to follow them
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)