Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Software Architect | Remote Position within the US
As a Software Architect at ICF Next you play the central role in bringing our technical vision to life. If you have an incredible passion for technology to be used in an innovative fashion you can join the cause. Candidates must be polyglot programmers/architects. We don't believe in pigeonholing our technologists into specific platforms, so a rabid passion to always be learning is a must.
- Create development, architecture, hosting, networking, and other plans for the project.
- Create architecture documentation using the 4+1 view of architecture
- Experience with Linux and Windows systems architecture and maintenance.
- Deep experience with load balancing, distributed computing, and cloud architectures.
- Experience with database servers, mail servers, web servers, application servers.
- Deep understanding of common application servers and runtimes:
- Cloud Architectures - Amazon Web Services & Azure (AWS preferred)
- Architecting solutions for distributed applications
- Using unit testing frameworks / test driven development
- Working knowledge of SQL Server databases
- Developing industry standard persistence mechanisms like EJBs, JDBC, N/Hibernate, etc.
- Integration/Interpreted: Node, Java
- Back End: Java Enterprise, Kafka, ElasticSearch
- Frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, SpringBatch
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, AWS Database technologies
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Patterns
- Experience with progressive enhancement for compatibility, accessibility and SEO.
- Will work on everything from quick static pages, to full-fledged enterprise level applications.
- Expected to own medium/large efforts.
- Expected to mentor and manage teams on said efforts.
- Expected to lead 1 large project OR numerous medium/small projects.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Additional Data technologies: Nifi, Hadoop, SSRS, AWS Glue/Athena/S3/Redshift
- Containers / Kubernetes / Helm / AWS ECS/EKS
- AWS EC2, VPC/Network, Load balancer, IAM, S3, Lambda, Serverless, API Gateway, EventBridge, Step Functions, Sagemaker, Secrets Manager, CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstack, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, CodeStar, SNS/SQS
- Stay up to date on skills, work on expanding to others.
- Mentor others based on what you’re expert in.
- Stay organized, calm, and rational in your dealings with clients and coworkers.
- Bring new ideas, tools, services, and techniques to the group.
- Use analytical thinking to make decisions based on facts and metrics whenever possible.
- Be willing to step up and lead initiatives at, or slightly above your title. (Proving that you can operate at a higher level than your current title is part of the evaluation process for promotions.)
- Work harmoniously with all Technology team members, Designers and Project Managers.
- Perform technology audits, and vendor selections.
- Develop and follow our architecture standards.
- Use professional communications skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and accept new challenges within and outside of your core skills.
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or equivalent experience.
- 8 or more years of recent technology experience.
This position is remote from anywhere in the US
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Minneapolis, MN (MN03)