Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Site Reliability Architect- Remote!
Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs supporting company business processes and operations. Analyzes, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software. Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems. Analyzes, designs, acquires and implements projects for LAN and/or WAN systems. Plans, designs, acquires and implements telecommunications voice/wire systems. At higher job levels, may contribute to the development, testing, evaluation or design of system or infrastructure architecture used throughout the IT solution set.
We are looking to add a Site Reliability Architect to our growing team. This position can be performed from any home office within North America! (Yes, that means work from the comfort of your home!)
Here's what you'll be doing day to day...
- Develop & Modify: Assist in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) development efforts. Create and modify system management tools for monitoring/alerting and manage environments across cloud providers (AWS, Azure) and on-premises
- Automation: Assist in automation efforts in an effort to reduce time to delivery for new builds and managing existing environments
- Investigate: Acting as a point of escalation, leading investigations, true impact assessment, concluding root cause analysis and remediation.
- Environment Enhancements: Act as a subject matter expert in identifying and designing enhancements to existing environments
- Problem Solving: Acting as a point of escalation for the engineering team to assist with resolving issues with current technology environments
- Managing Ecosystems and SLA’s: Understanding dependencies within a client ecosystem and service level expectations.
- Monitoring: Assist with designing and enhancing the Managed Services monitoring and alerting environments.
- Collaborate : Work closely with peer architects in the Platform Solutions group to design, enhance, and ensure adherence to core architecture standards
- A problem solver: You like solving puzzles, whether they are technology related, or process related and sometimes even people related.
- Action Oriented: You get stuff done. You don’t wait around, you take the bull by its horns, and don’t rest till things are resolved.
- Continuous Improvement Obsessed: You know when to operate and when to automate. You believe that it can always be made better, faster, and stronger!
- A Self Starter: Quick to learn & adapt, you are intrinsically motivated.
Your experience & Tangible traits…
- University degree in Computer Science & or Information Technology related field; or related/equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the Information Technology sector
- Experience being part of a technical application support team diagnosing technical problems
- Previous experience with at least one Content Management System such as Sitecore, AEM, Wordpress, Drupal, etc.
- Demonstrable experience in coding and or scripting with at least 3 modern scripting languages
- 3 years supporting modern server operating systems (Linux/Windows), certifications required
- 5 years of hands on experience with major cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with at least 1 configuration management tool such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Nice to haves: Microsoft Certifications (70-532, -533, -534) preferred or AWS Certifications (SysOps, Solutions Architect, or Developer)
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment methodology and their tools such as Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo
- Excellent verbal & written skills in English
- Ability and willingness to learn new software tools and applications
- 6 years using Linux, certification preferred
- 7 years developing on AE
- 8 years utilizing automation to complete tasks and enhance error prone processes
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)