Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
SEO Specialist, REMOTE
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
The SEO( Search Engine Optimization ) Specialist is someone who can provide a data driven approach to digital, leveraging analytics to help from an SEO perspective. This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, a high degree of professionalism, independent judgment, organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and flexibility as demands and priorities change.
This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities for career growth and the chance to work in a dynamic and collaborative organization. You must have strong client relationship management and project coordination skills. You consider yourself a strategic thinker and love SEO and digital analytics, testing and performance optimization.
The successful candidate must be comfortable interfacing with clients and proactively speaking up to drive projects forward in a way that is tactful, thoughtful, and collaborative. This role requires effective facilitation and communication abilities, both oral and written, as well as proven client engagement and resiliency skills.
As a SEO Specialist, you will:
- Find the stories within data – finding creative ways to convey complex concepts to teammates and clients with different areas of expertise
- Work within a multidisciplinary team that includes Digital Marketers, Content Strategists, User Experience Experts, Developers, and other subject matter experts
- Determine performance using data and create data-driven recommendations for enhancements or improvements
- Measure the success of SEO efforts and use data to guide iterative content improvements
- Assist in creating strategic, actionable recommendations
- Develop automated, easy-to-access dashboards to empower content owners and other stakeholders to make data-driven decisions
- Collect website and application metrics
- Perform technical SEO audits and keyword research
- Set and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) over the course of a campaign
- Conduct competitive analyses and develop SEO strategies
- Provide content governance and quality assurance
- Suggest content improvements or additions to improve engagement and digital performance
- Manage Google algorithm changes and adapting strategy
As a SEO Specialist, you will have a combination of the following skills/experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ year’s relevant professional experience with SEO, analytics tools and data analysis
- 2 years’ of experience with additional optimization and SEO tools other than Google Search Console, (ex. Moz, SEMRush and Screaming Frog)
- Planned, implemented, and monitored SEO improvement efforts
- Created digital communications or marketing strategies
- Used dashboard tools to represent data (ex. Data Studio, Tableau)
- Proficiency with analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, or SiteImprove
- Solid skills with Microsoft Office tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to create and lead presentations to clients and stakeholders
- Experience advocating for user needs in a way that also meets client priorities
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Ability to work independently and to proactively propose solutions while managing multiple projects simultaneously
Job Location(s): This is a remote position
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)