Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Workforce Consultant (On-Call REMOTE role)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion, is simply who we are and what we do.
Senior Workforce Consultant
The Workforce Innovations and Poverty Solutions (WIPS) Team within ICF’s Public Sector Group works to improve the conditions of America's most at-risk populations and provide strategic consulting support to workforce development agencies throughout the United States. WIPS provides rigorous technical assistance, training, and research support to address a diverse set of critical social issue areas including employment and workforce programs, poverty solutions, fatherhood and family support initiatives, and interventions for vulnerable families and communities. Our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions.
We are seeking candidates for on-call consultants to contribute to our expanding suite of Federal, state, and local workforce development and apprenticeship projects.
THIS IS AN ON-CALL, part time hours position based on project needs. We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.
- Provide expertise and oversight of projects across our workforce development, disaster recovery workforce efforts, inclusive economic transformation, and/or sector-based solutions’ projects.
- Network and communicate with a variety of Senior stakeholders around disaster recovery, workforce development, economic development, education and training, and other sector-based employment and economic strategies.
- Provide key writing and presentation support across an array of deliverables, analyses, program trends/outcomes reports, and stakeholder publications/products.
- Bachelor’s or higher in public policy, political science, social work, or related social services field.
- Minimum 12 years of experience working with Federal and/or State Workforce Agencies, regional and local workforce entities, employers, Community Colleges, and/or nonprofits with a strong workforce development, disaster recovery, inclusive economic transformation, and sector-based approaches.
- Minimum 12 years directly with workforce development, economic development, and career pathways agencies, colleges, and programs.
- Demonstrated success in employer-driven workforce innovations, such as On-the-Job Training, Registered Apprenticeships, paid work experience, paid internships, and incumbent worker training.
- Ability to work both independently and on a core team of staff members
- Demonstrated ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Demonstrated experience showing strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills paired with a desire to take initiative
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)