Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Web/Graphic Designer | Remote
Senior Web/Graphic Designer | Remote or Hybrid
Hey, there! We’re currently looking for a Senior Web/Graphic Designer to support our Creative Studio. Most people can design or try their hand at some visuals, but we’re searching for a star designer who can turn heads and make people go “Wow, who made that?” We’re looking for a real pioneer in the design space who knows the difference between making yourself understood and crafting visuals that get inside people’s minds and move their hearts to take action. If you have this super-power—this ability to use strategic thinking and killer design skills to persuade—then you just might be the senior web designer we’re looking for.
Join our growing Creative Studio of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists who love what we do to help make the world a better place. Plus, we’re rapidly putting ICF Next on the map as DC Metro’s premier creative shop.
If you’re interested and passionate about graphic and web design, then let’s talk! Send us your resume and link to your portfolio, and we’ll get right back to you.
As a Senior Web/Graphic Designer, you will:
- Support public- and private-sector clients who tackle issues like cyber security, public health, disaster preparedness, human trafficking, climate change, child welfare, and more.
- Design complex visualizations on data driven projects.
- Design interactive websites, apps, and emails.
- Design social media graphics and work with our motion design team to make them come to life.
- Design web and mobile experiences that follow good design practices using Sketch, Figma, and other tools like InVision and Abstract.
- Be able to lead projects from planning to execution.
- Be an expert in understanding requirements that create engaging experiences.
- Present multiple concepts to the client, explain you design thinking and reasoning.
- Be comfortable collaborating with writers, editors, motion graphics designers, UX designers, and front-end and back-end developers.
- Present, critique, collaborate, and share new ideas and trends with the wider creative studio team.
- Experience using and working with the US Government Web Design System (USWDS) and other component libraries such as Bootstrap or Foundation.
You will need:
- 5+ years of experience designing for web and mobile environments.
- A bachelor’s degree in visual arts, computer science, or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Acrobat, and InDesign), Sketch, Figma, Microsoft Word and Powerpoint. (HTML/CSS is a plus.)
- The ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- To be self-motivated to work independently or with a team.
- The ability to provide and receive constructive feedback in a collaborative environment.
- The ability to understand clients’ business and apply analytical skills to help solve problems they face.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with web accessibility and section 508 compliance.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefit
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$62,113.00 - $105,593.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)