Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Web Designer | Remote
Senior Web Designer | Remote
Hey, there! We’re currently looking for a Senior Web Designer to support our Creative Studio. Most people can design or try their hand at some visuals, but we’re searching for a star designer who can turn heads and make people go “Wow, who made that?” We’re looking for a real pioneer in the design space that knows the difference between making yourself understood and crafting visuals that get inside people’s minds and move their hearts to take action. If you have this super-power—this ability to use strategic thinking and killer design skills to persuade—then you just might be the senior web designer we’re looking for.
Join our growing Creative Studio of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists who love what we do to help make the world a better place. Plus, we’re rapidly putting ICF Next on the map as DC Metro’s premier creative shop.
If you’re interested and passionate about web design, then let’s talk! Send us your resume and link to your portfolio, and we’ll get right back to you.
As a Senior Web Designer, you will:
- Support public- and private-sector clients who tackle issues like HIV/AIDS, disaster preparedness, human trafficking, climate change, child welfare, and more.
- Design web and mobile experiences that follow good design practices using Sketch, Figma, and other tools like InVision.
- Design, code, and test HTML emails.
- Be an expert in understanding requirements that create engaging experiences.
- Have the ability to communicate and present ideas and progress to internal and external clients.
- Be comfortable collaborating with writers, editors, motion graphics designers, and front-end and back-end developers.
- Be able to lead projects from planning to execution.
- Be an expert in front-end development (HTML/CSS3) and have experience with BootStrap, US Web Design System, REACT, and Angular.
- Have experience with cross-browsing desktop and mobile testing.
You will need:
- 7 + years of experience designing for web and mobile environments.
- 5+ years of experience with front-end development.
- A bachelor’s degree in visual arts, computer science, or equivalent experience in a related field.
- An eye for detail, accuracy, and the ability to convert a static design to HTML/CSS.
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver), Sketch, Figma, and InVision.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- To be self-motivated to work independently or with a team.
- The ability to provide and receive constructive feedback in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with web accessibility.
Job Location(s): NJ99 preferred or Remote USA
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New Jersey Remote Office (NJ99)