Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior UX/UI Designer (Remote)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next Government, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Senior UX/UI Designer.
This role will be responsible for translating user research into digital design solutions by creating user stories, story maps, wireframes, and prototypes for federal government clients in a fast-paced, data-driven atmosphere. In this role, you will collaborate with UX researchers, designers, and developers to create digital solutions, experiences, and interfaces as assigned, including using tools such as Figma, XD, Sketch, Mural, Jira, Confluence.
This role requires effective collaboration and communication abilities, both oral and written, as well as proven client engagement and resiliency skills.
As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you will:
- Independently contribute to projects that may have multiple owners and multiple team members who report to different supervising units
- Serve as internal and external client-facing liaison for UX, advocating for decision making based on, web analytics, stakeholder input, and other data analysis and synthesis
- Prioritize tasks and change requests in real time with excellent supporting documentation
- Actively participate in agile scrum teams, building and grooming the backlog, and appropriately planning tasks to meet client timelines
- Develop recommended UX strategies and tactics based on research findings and business needs
- Create UX measurement frameworks
- Analyze business processes and technology systems to understand and communicate how they impact UX
- Work alongside other research and technology staff to design and implement digital solutions
- 5+ years of UX/UI design experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- U.S. citizenship required (Required by Federal government for the position)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a focus on attention to detail to produce well-documented story maps, user stories, and wireframes.
- Talent for anticipating obstacles and risk in projects and proactively seeking solutions to mitigate them
- Demonstrated resiliency and experience in client-facing roles requiring tactful communications in fast-moving environments
- Experience designing and developing wireframes and prototypes in agile teams
- Experience coordinating with user researchers, designers, and developers to build and test digital products
- Experience with creating productive relationships with clients and other contractors, advocating for decisions that improve user experience
- Ability to collaborate with teams in an agile setting and work across many workstreams
- Familiarity with cloud-based UX tools
- UX certifications
- Experience with UX projects for federal government or health sector users, especially those in the clinical research space
Job Location(s): This is a remote position open to candidates located within the United States
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$100,034.00 - $170,058.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)