Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior UX/UI Designer - Remote
We seek a Senior UX/UI Designer to apply user-centered principles to the design and creation of custom software solutions and complex digital services in the federal government healthcare space. This is a unique opportunity to work on highly impactful projects and contribute to the development and continuous improvement of digital solutions to modernize public health priorities in a user-centric way. We are a dynamic, diverse, and highly collaborative group that works at the intersection of design, research, and product development to help create experiences that our customers love.
As a Senior UX/UI Designer you will be a key part of our growing team of designers, researchers, and writers. You will collaborate with other members of Agile product teams to design and deliver experiences that are useful, usable, beautiful, and intuitive. You will work to put your users first; whether they are individual patients managing their own healthcare, service providers delivering care, or analysts using health data to guide health policy.
- Work with UX leadership and product owners to implement a UX vision and strategy that aligns with business objectives.
- Build empathy with users by collaborating with researchers, consuming insights, leading participatory design, and other activities in order to develop validated UX designs.
- Ideate individually and collaboratively to discover and develop user experiences to solve the most important problems.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups to describe, communicate, and test proposed user experiences.
- Work with quality assurance and development teams to ensure user experiences are implemented successfully.
- Contribute to client and stakeholder management by communicating the design process, advocating for users, and clarifying the rationale of design decisions.
- Manage individual time and tasks in order to deliver great designs efficiently and on-time as part of a broader team
- Use an Agile UX process to iterate on user experience and improve user outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human computer interaction or related field.
- 5+ years of applied UX design experience in the software industry.
- Able to provide a portfolio demonstrating a strong design process and deliverables including UX, UI, interaction, visual, and/or content designs applied to software development.
- Ability to create and work with design systems, style guides, content guides, and proven industry patterns to deliver UX as part of a broader consistent ecosystem.
- Create designs that are easy to use, accessible, and visually appealing to the user.
- Expert skills with creative tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Sketch.
- Must live in the United States and be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Master's degree
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 Level AA / Section 508 compliance
- Experience in federal contracting or healthcare IT
- Demonstrate excellent written, visual, and verbal communication.
- Ability to work successfully with a cross-functional, diverse, and distributed remote development team.
- Strong critical thinking, problem- solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)