Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior UX Designer (Remote or Hybrid)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We seek a Senior UX/UI Designer to apply user-centered principles to the design and creation of custom digital solutions and complex digital services. This is a unique opportunity to work on highly impactful projects and contribute to the development and continuous improvement of digital solutions in healthcare. Research and validation of designs is another core function in which this role will play a heavy hand. We are a dynamic, diverse, and highly collaborative group that works at the intersection of design, research, and product development to help create experiences that our customers love.
As a Senior UX/UI Designer you will be a key part of our growing team of designers, researchers, and writers. You will collaborate with other members of Agile product teams and client organizations to design and deliver experiences that are useful, usable, beautiful, and intuitive. You will work to put your users first; whether they are individual patients managing their own healthcare, service providers delivering care, or analysts using health data to guide health policy.
- Work with UX leadership and product owners to implement a UX vision and strategy that aligns with business objectives.
- Build empathy with users by collaborating with researchers, consuming insights, leading participatory design, and other activities in order to develop validated UX designs.
- Ideate individually and collaboratively to discover and develop user experiences to solve the most important problems.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, user work flows, product work flows, and high-fidelity mockups to describe, communicate, and test proposed user experiences.
- Work with quality assurance and development teams to ensure user experiences are implemented successfully.
- Contribute to client and stakeholder management by communicating the design process, advocating for users, and clarifying the rationale of design decisions.
- Manage individual time and tasks in order to deliver great designs efficiently and on-time as part of a broader team
- Use an Agile UX process to iterate on user experience and improve user outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human computer interaction or related field.
- 3+ years of applied UX design experience
- Able to provide a portfolio demonstrating your design process and deliverables.
- Must live in the United States.
- Demonstrate excellent written, visual, and verbal communication.
- Ability to work successfully with a cross-functional, diverse, and distributed remote development team.
- Strong critical thinking, problem- solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Able to provide a portfolio demonstrating a strong design process and deliverables including UX, UI, interaction, visual, and/or content designs applied to software development.
- Ability to create and work with design systems, style guides, content guides, and proven industry patterns to deliver UX as part of a broader consistent ecosystem.
- Create designs that are easy to use, accessible, and visually appealing to the user.
- Expert skills with creative and collaboration tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, and Miro/Mural.
- Experience in healthcare or other regulated industries
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$100,034.00 - $170,058.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)