Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior User Experience Researcher (Remote)
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
We seek a Senior UX Researcher to be a key part of a growing team of UX researchers working across multiple projects. You will collaborate with other members of an Agile product team to understand users and their needs so you can deliver the best solutions for the most important problems. You will work to put your users first, whether they are individual patients managing their own healthcare, service providers delivering care, or analysts using health data to guide health policy. You will apply a human-centered design approach based on user research to understand the requirements of the data exchange, health data collection and data analytics and feedback, to ensure that solutions meet the needs of the client.
- Develop research questions, form hypotheses, and select appropriate methods that effectively uncover crucial insights that drive product and user experience decisions
- Guide agile teams to user centered solutions by driving empathy and validating concepts with user interviews, surveys, developing personas, and other research
- Contribute to discovering and developing UX solutions by participating in and leading ideation sessions, rapid testing, and concept validation
- Ensure teams solve problems effectively by leading usability testing, user feedback sessions, and related research
- Work with product leadership to research, understand, and communicate user outcomes effectively
- Contribute to client and stakeholder management by communicating compelling insights grounded in data, advocating for users, and clarifying the rationale of the research process
- 5+ years of experience of applied UX, CX, digital strategy, with a research focus
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or a related field.
- Able to provide a portfolio demonstrating your design process and deliverables
- Must live in the United States and be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- U.S. citizenship required (required by Federal government for the position).
- Demonstrated experience working on Agile development projects
- Experience working with the Federal Government
- Master’s degree in human-computer interaction, computer science, library science
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work successfully with a cross-functional, diverse, and distributed remote development team using an Agile UX process across many workstreams to iterate user experience and improve user outcomes
- Strong technical communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and structuring skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail to produce client-ready reports and presentations
- Experience using Human Centered Design and UXD processes to develop a research plan that guides the application design
- Expert research skills across one or more methods including qualitative, quantitative, and design-based methods
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency with relevant UX participant recruiting services, tools and methods, as well as tools used for UX knowledge management and testing such as Dovetail, AirTable, Optimal Workshop, and/or others
- Background in research ethics and best practices for human subjects to protect participants and control bias, including informed consent, personally identifiable information, NDAs, and related concepts
- Experience facilitating client sessions and user interviews, as well as creating research plans, moderator guides, personas, and recommendations reports
- Experience with usability testing using design prototypes or existing digital systems, as well as with information architecture testing methods such as card sorting or tree testing
- Strong understanding of usability and accessibility including heuristic and expert methods
- Demonstrated resiliency and experience in client-facing roles requiring tactful communications within fast-moving environments
Location: This is a remote position based in the United States
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
$97,594.00 - $165,910.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)