Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Transportation Planner
About ICF - Transportation Portfolio
ICF’s Transportation Line of Business specializes in addressing complex planning, policy, and program issues at the nexus of transportation and the environment, energy, and communities. ICF’s work focuses on integrated approaches that support sustainable transportation decisions, addressing mobility, safety, environmental, social, and economic effects of transportation. Our work includes strategic planning, research, policy analysis, outreach, training, and program evaluation for Federal, State, and local governments, including the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), the Transportation Research Board (TRB), State transportation and environmental agencies, and metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs). We specialize in evaluating the impacts of infrastructure projects, programs, and government policies; developing guidebooks; and documenting best practices related to integrated planning, transportation operations, and the environment.
Job Description: Senior Transportation Planner
Senior Transportation Planner
ICF is seeking a Senior Transportation Planner to lead projects related to transportation planning, transportation policy, environmental issues in transportation, and related topics. This position will be remote as we continue to move through the pandemic, but once on-site work resumes, we prefer that the work location be based in Arlington, Virginia. This is an opportunity to contribute to an important mission and work on emerging planning and sustainability issues, and all while building a great career at ICF!
The position requires experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Transportation planning and policy, addressing issues related to statewide, metropolitan, and/or corridor planning, and performance-based planning and programming.
- Transportation and environmental policy and impact assessment, including assessing the impacts of transportation investments and strategies on mobile source emissions, developing transportation sustainability and greenhouse gas reduction plans, and developing transportation resiliency strategies and plans.
- Community impact assessment issues, such as livability, equity, environmental justice, and public health.
- Transit and multimodal planning, and related analyses addressing topics such as shared mobility and ride-hailing, first-mile last-mile connections, multimodal integration, park-and-ride planning, travel demand management plans, and health and human services.
- Mobility and accessibility analysis, including analyses of the effects of transportation investments, land use development, and other strategies.
- Transportation finance and funding.
- Transportation data analysis and visualization.
- Policy analysis related to freight and/or passenger travel.
- Leading the development of creative, innovative, accurate, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff.
- Managing task or project schedules, budgets, and quality of work.
- Supporting development of business opportunities with a focus on federal, state, and local clients.
- Master’s degree in urban planning, public policy, economics, environmental science, transportation/civil engineering, or related subjects, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in transportation planning, policy, environmental analysis, or other similar areas
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience researching and writing high quality documents.
- Works collaboratively with project teams and clients to achieve established goals.
- Identifies and meets the needs of clients within established guidelines.
- Understands task expectations and how tasks fit in the overall project.
- Experience conducting transportation analysis, such as for the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Transportation Research Board preferred.
- Experience working on state, regional, or local transportation plans or policy issues, especially in the Mid-Atlantic (Virginia, DC, Maryland, West Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York), strongly preferred.
- Experience in business development and proposal or grants writing preferred.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Arlington, VA (VA31)