Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Transportation Data Specialist
Senior Transportation Data Specialist
New York, NY
San Diego, CA
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, CA
About ICF’s Transportation Practice
ICF’s Transportation Practice specializes in addressing complex planning, policy, and program issues at the nexus of transportation and the environment, energy, and communities. ICF’s work focuses on integrated approaches that support sustainable transportation decisions, addressing mobility, safety, and environmental, social, and economic effects of transportation. Our work includes strategic planning, research, policy analysis, outreach, training, and program evaluation for federal, state, and local governments, including the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), the Transportation Research Board (TRB), state transportation and environmental agencies, and metropolitan planning organizations. Our work often includes evaluating the impacts of transportation projects, programs, and government policies; developing guidebooks; supporting planning and operations initiatives; and documenting best practices related to integrated planning, transportation operations, and the environment.
Job Description: We are seeking an experienced Senior Transportation Data Specialist responsible for planning and completing projects and tasks. The successful candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Complex analysis of transportation data related to freight movement, passenger travel, and/or transit operations.
- Visualization of transportation data and development of interactive dashboards in software such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Transportation system performance analysis, including the use of system performance data and probe data such as Replica, RITIS NPMRDS, INRIX, and ATRI
- Transportation-land use relationships and research related to the impacts of transportation demand management strategies on travel
- Analysis of transportation greenhouse gas emission reduction strategies
- Experience in analyzing transportation data using statistical methods.
- Experience in using scripting languages and software coding and software packages such as Esri’s ArcGIS suite, QGIS, SAS, Python, R, etc.
- Basic understanding of databases and SQL
- Transportation asset management concepts, benefit-cost analysis, and system condition and performance assessment
The candidate will work directly with clients, senior staff, and internal and external experts in their field of expertise.
- Lead and contributing to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff
- Directing junior staff to support complex data analyses, as appropriate
- Documenting analysis results in written products; creating and delivering oral presentations
- Writing technical reports and guidance
- Working collaboratively with project teams and client to achieve established goals
- Supporting business development activities including proposal writing
- Master’s degree in transportation engineering, planning, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in consulting in the transportation industry
- Experience conducting transportation projects for US DOT, TRB, state DOTs, and/or other public sector transportation agencies.
- Government consulting experience
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$70,809.00 - $120,375.00
Arlington, VA (VA31)