Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Training Delivery Specialist, Housing and Community Development
Senior Training Delivery Specialist – Housing and Community Development
ICF’s Housing and Community Development Practice (HCD) is seeking a Senior Training Delivery Specialist to support the award-winning HUD Exchange website. The HUD Exchange centralizes resources for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD’s) grantees, providing training, guidance, tools, reports, policy help desks, and much more. View the website at https://www.hudexchange.info.
As a Senior Training Delivery Specialist, you’ll join a collaborative team of HUD subject matter experts, content managers, customer service specialists, software engineers, user experience and graphic designers, and data analysts. You will have an opportunity to work on a team that provides an exceptional user experience by ensuring the website is accurate, concise, engaging, fresh, innovative, and user-focused.
You will serve as the deputy to the Trainings Team manager and assist with the coordination of trainings, building training registration pages, hosting webinars utilizing multiple webinar platforms and engagement tools, drafting, editing, and reviewing marketing content for accuracy, clarity, and user-friendliness, responding to user inquiries, completing website content updates including posting new resources and other project management related tasks (budget tracking, reports etc.).
This is a mid-level position. If you have a background in public policy, government, urban planning, sociology, or related fields, we want you to apply! If you have experience in adult learning or in web content management… even better!
You are right for this position if you:
- Are mission-driven; you want to do work that matters and are passionate about affordable housing
- Are comfortable with ambiguity; you learn quickly and navigate changes with minimal direction
- Have never met a process you did not immediately want to improve
- Are a passionate problem solver with a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude
- Have exceptional judgment and strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Catch every little error and are always being asked to edit the work of others
What you’ll be doing:
- Work directly with clients and team members to determine needs and develop solutions
- Schedule and lead client meetings; provide notes and action items following meetings
- Write and edit content for clarity, readability, and effectiveness
- Write and send listserv messages, newsletters, and other communications using Mailchimp
- Work in a Learning Management System to develop and manage training content and logistics
- Host webinars using multiple webinar platforms
- Work independently as well as collaboratively, including managing small teams/delegating work to complete more complex tasks
- Utilize tools such as Jira, SharePoint, MS Project, and Teams Planner to assign and manage tasks
- Develop and maintain protocols, templates, style guides, written guidance, and tracking tools
- Provide general project support (e.g., budget tracking, monthly reporting, data analysis)
- Research and coordinate with subject matter/technical staff as needed to fully and completely respond to user and client inquiries
- Support website content management including posting resources, and other information using a Content Management System (CMS), designing/coding web pages (HTML), and data review/analysis
- Support website development including: drafting requirements for new functionality, troubleshooting issues/bugs, testing website functionality, and supporting usability testing
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of related professional experience, with a minimum of 3 years in training logistics, client management, and/or project management
- Excellent attention to detail, including copyediting and quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor communications for the web and to people with varying levels of technical understanding
- Experience in project/task management applications such as Jira, SharePoint, MS Project, Teams Planner
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, juggling multiple priorities at any given time
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to produce high quality work on time and within budget
- Ability to navigate a variety of project styles, including self-directed project work, overseeing tasks you delegate to others, and completing project assignments from other team members
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience using various web applications and software
- Experience in setting up/operating web conferencing and screen sharing platforms (e.g., WebEx, Zoom, Adobe Connect, Teams, etc.)
- Ability to problem-solve and analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment
- Outstanding customer service skills with the ability to remain cool under pressure and possessing a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude
- Interest in doing good and supporting affordable housing and community development
- Experience in applying adult learning theories in various learning environments
- Experience using applications such as: Content Management Systems (CMS), Mailchimp (or similar application), Google Analytics, Survey Monkey, YouTube, Twitter, SharePoint, Jira, Salesforce, etc.
- Experience in web development, design, and coding (HTML)
- Experience making web content user-friendly and 508 compliant
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)