Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Training Consultant
We are expanding our services, and to support this growth, we are looking for a Senior Training Consultant to join our Policy Implementation and Programmes (PIP) line of business. PIP provides programme and network support, technical assistance, and mutual (peer-based) learning and training services to European Union (EU) institutions, particularly the European Commission Directorate-Generals and executive agencies, as well as governmental bodies in the UK. Our current portfolio of work includes delivery of online and face-to-face training for the EU Aid Volunteers Programme; the European Solidarity Corps and a wide range of mutual learning services in the field of employment and social policy.
The role will involve coordinating training-related assignments, providing technical expertise for the design and delivery of training-related services, and contributing to the ICF’s growth and excellence in this field. This is an expert position requiring the application of the latest pedagogical theory and know-how, and the development of tailored, client-oriented solutions across a range of training scenarios and topics. It also extends to other types of learning, such as mutual learning, coaching, mentoring and other knowledge/competence-based support.
- Contributing to all aspects of training services for PIP, spanning:
- Online, face-to-face and blended modes of delivery.
- All stages of work: conceptualisation and design, preparation of training courses, curricula and associated content and materials, delivery of training to target audiences, and assessment of learning outcomes.
- A range of target audiences, such as young people, government officials, adult learners, staff delivering frontline public services, etc.
- Coordinating training-related projects or programme strands, covering the content, methods and organisational aspects. Depending on the nature of the work, this can include team, financial and risk management, quality assurance, as well as collaboration with external experts and suppliers.
- Providing technical expertise and advice on training deliverables, including technical considerations around the use of e-learning software, management systems and apps.
- Supporting business development in terms of identifying opportunities, developing professional networks and partnerships, and contributing to proposal-writing (especially the conceptual and methodological parts).
- Contributing to other capacity-building services, where relevant, such as mutual learning, coaching, train the trainer, leadership development, etc.
- Taking on line management, where relevant.
- Other tasks, as required.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years’ of professional experience, of which at least five relate to designing and delivering training courses and curricula (and associated content and materials) across a range of topics.
- Knowledge and experience of applying varied pedagogical theories and practices.
- Familiarity with e-learning software, management systems and apps.
- Experience of delivering training, using participatory methods and other techniques.
- Strong management and coordination skills, including time management, multi-tasking and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including interacting with multi-national, cultural and disciplinary teams across several countries.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English - additional European languages an advantage.
- ‘Can do’, positive attitude, with the ability work flexibly and focus on finding solutions.
- Willingness to travel in Europe, where required.
- Training certification / qualification or membership of professional associations.
- Experience of business development activities, including capture work, partnership-building and proposal-writing.
- Professional background in consultancy, ideally delivering work for EU institutions and/or UK government.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)