Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Training and Technical Assistance Specialist
ICF is seeking a Senior Training and Technical Assistance Specialist to lead training and technical assistance (TTA) activities related to public health. This position will support a technical assistance projects that primarily focus on behavioral health including supporting state and local jurisdictions’ surveillance, prevention, and evaluation efforts to address the overdose epidemic in the United States and its territories.
Position activities include leading short and long-term tasks and working as part of exceptional and diverse teams providing and managing TTA services. Activities include providing one on one engagement with program project officers; designing and executing webinars, peer exchanges, and other TA events; and developing resources and tools to support recipient implementation of program components. The position requires exceptional organizational and communication skills, collaboration with project team members, and the ability to “connect the dots” across the various, concurrent tasks on projects, in order to provide meaningful TTA to address critical public health issues.
Additional responsibilities may include supporting TA strategy efforts; contributing to the assessment of TA needs; providing individual support to TA recipients on implementation of local evaluation efforts; developing, guiding, or overseeing resource delivery; and overseeing consultants on development and delivery of technical assistance or training services. Strong interest and some experience in business development or proposal writing is strong desired.
Candidates must have a solid understanding of behavioral health. Ideal candidates will have TTA experience, a solid understanding of adult learning principles, and experience developing or delivering TTA solutions. Candidates must have the ability to conceptualize solutions for training and technical assistance needs; design and create resources in multiple formats and technologies; and effectively communicate both orally and in writing with internal colleagues, clients, and their constituents. Candidates must have a solid grounding in public health.
To apply, please submit your resume.
The position is full-time and based at ICF offices in Atlanta, GA, when pandemic restrictions are lifted, OR can be full-time remote within with United States.
Primary responsibilities for this position will involve performing assignments related to training and technical assistance projects, under the direction of senior management and providing guidance to more junior team members. Assignments typically include the following:
- Participating in developing and implementing technical assistance and training plans.
- Documenting and tracking technical assistance activities.
- Overseeing and managing technical assistance activities through an online TA tracking system.
- Supporting and managing an online resource center, including online TA tracking system.
- Overseeing subject matter expert deployment and execution of training and technical assistance tasks.
- Supporting assigned TA provider organizations, including management and oversight of organizational subcontracts, budgets, and TA assignments.
- Designing, delivering, and evaluating trainings (in person, virtual, modular).
- Developing and implementing guidance documents.
- Designing and facilitating peer to peer learning forums or communities of practice.
- Master's degree in public health, public policy, behavioral/social sciences, or related field required.
- At least 4 years in training and technical assistance design or delivery.
- Knowledge of TTA methodologies and delivery of best practices in the field of overdose prevention and surveillance.
- Ability to think analytically; define and thoroughly document tasks; conceptualize, plan, and complete major elements of project work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Access) is essential in this fast-paced client-oriented environment.
- Proficiency hosting webinars through online platforms such as Zoom or Adobe Connect.
- Strong facilitation, problem-solving, conflict management, and decision-making skills.
- Experience working across a wide variety of Federal government stakeholders.
- Experience with government programs, particularly in a consulting environment.
- Understanding of state, territory, tribal, or local public health organizations.
- Experience and enthusiasm in business development including grant or proposal writing, solution development, or capture activities.
Required Professional Skills:
- Strong oral communication skills, and well-developed writing skills.
- Excellent communications skills, attention to detail, computer proficiency, and the ability to multitask under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Interact effectively, professionally, and personably, with clients, colleagues, and a range of stakeholders from community members to academic researchers.
- Ability to manage discrete tasks with limited supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Expertise in independently developing written products such as contract reports, guidance documents, electronic resources related to public health prevention, and other presentations.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Atlanta, GA (GA18)