Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Technical Writer, Cybersecurity
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our cybersecurity experts work to protect the functions and missions that are vital to our people, government, and military through proactive planning and strong public-private partnerships.
ICF is seeking Cyber Security Technical Writer. Our team is helping to secure and protect the Nation’s critical infrastructure resilience, so come join us in our largest cybersecurity and resilience communications, digital and creative efforts to date.
This role will be performed REMOTE until returning onsite in Arlington, VA.
- Write documents and deliverables for a cybersecurity related organization.
- Work with creatives and cybersecurity experts to draft technical documents and communication deliverables.
- Provide professional technical writing and editing services on materials such as informational products, presentations, press releases, reports, etc., while complying with DHS style guides and quality control measures.
- Provide authoring for SOPs, reports, slick sheets, presentations, social media messaging, and other materials as requested.
- Research highly technical information and gather input from cybersecurity team members.
- Coordinate stakeholder input, fact-checking, and integration of written text and graphic design.
- Prepare, design and publish documents and media that are distributed to a large government, national and international user-base.
- Support the development of targeted and strategic communications collateral (e.g., Annual Reports, monthly operational newsletters).
- Must have active/Current Top Secret government clearance, with Special Compartmentalized Information (SCI).
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in technical writing.
- Experience reviewing and editing work products written by other team members.
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively.
- Mastery of English grammar, sentences syntax and formatting.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office products including Word and PowerPoint.
- Display a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently under minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- U.S. Citizenship required (required by federal government for position).
What would be nice to have:
- Experience writing cybersecurity documents and publications
- Knowledge of policy, current events and issues impacting critical infrastructure
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)