Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Technical Expert / Project Manager
Working at ICF
Are you interested in preventing pollution, saving energy, reducing GHG emissions, protecting air quality and/or helping industries to reduce their carbon footprint? How about finding solutions to ensure equitable and just outcomes? ICF is at the forefront of preparing leading-edge technical, economic, and public policy analyses; identifying viable market solutions; building models and tools; and implementing programs to reduce emissions and create a sustainable future. ICF supports the federal government, state and local organizations, multilateral and bilateral programs, and the private sector. We offer our clients around the globe unparalleled analytical, policy, and business management services.
What you’ll be doing…
ICF is seeking Senior Technical Experts and Project Managers to support a broad portfolio of work across transportation, climate mitigation and adaptation, ozone layer protection, clean air, energy efficiency, renewable energy, among other topics.
The location for these positions is flexible.
The individuals chosen for these positions will:
- Provide project management skills to direct and keep projects on track
- Offer technical expertise across the portfolio of projects
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams of experts on multiple short- and long-term projects
- Prepare presentations, technical reports, memoranda, and/or other high-quality communication materials
- Complete tasks in a fast-paced and self-motivated environment in a timely and efficient manner
What you’ll need to have…
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Hard Science discipline
- Undergraduate Science/Engineering discipline + Master’s in Policy also acceptable
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working in or with the Federal government
- Significant client, budget, and staff management experience
- Ability to clearly communicate – both orally and in writing – complex information to non-experts, including development practitioners and policy makers to inform decision making
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)