Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Technical Business Analyst
Senior Technical Business Analyst
Ready to make a difference?ICF is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to work in our Fairfax, Virginia office. In this role, you will work with project managers, technical architects, and clients to help define and organize business and technical requirements for tools and products supporting our energy efficiency programs. This involves interviewing stakeholders to help refine and maintain requirements, working with the development team to implement the updates, comprehensive testing of the system, and keeping product documentation and artifacts up to date. Candidates should be highly independent and driven to follow-up on tasks without prompting.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What will you be doing:
- Create stories and tasks in JIRA to support the execution of client deliverables.
- Support meetings with stakeholders and help prepare functional requirements documentation, including business requirements, functional specifications, and user stories
- Support all aspects of the software development cycle including requirements, design, testing, and delivery.
- Develop and maintain functional design documentation
- Generate requirement specifications, use cases, process flow diagrams, and other system documentation into concise and specific language to facilitate stakeholder understanding
- Work closely with the development team on requirements, design, and testing of new enhancements and bug fixes.
- Support stakeholders through training, as well as one-on-one technical assistance
- Develop an understanding of the operational processes and procedures and take initiative on process improvements
What you need to have (minimum qualifications):
- 5+ years of experience supporting aspects of the software development life cycle
What we would like you to have:
- BA/BS in quantitative subject (math, engineering, science, etc.)
- Experience with issue tracking and project management tools such as JIRA, SharePoint and/or Smartsheet
- Experience with SQL
- Extremely well-organized with a high appreciation for details
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Resourceful and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Exceptional attention to detail in communication and deliverables
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)