Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Strategic Communications Specialist
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Here’s your chance to join our award-winning agency, ICF Next. We’re changemakers, a community of mission driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists. We’re searching for our next Senior Strategic Communications Specialist. This role requires a public affairs, external communications and program management background in the public sector and will focus on strategic communications activities that supports a critical component of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Strong candidates will have experience supporting clients with planning and successfully executing awareness and outreach campaigns; effectively managing team members, taskings and high quality deliverables; and demonstrated capabilities writing communications materials for both internal and external audiences. Experience supporting government communications and program operations is highly preferred. If you are passionate about national security and cybersecurity, strategic communications, leading a high performing team, and have the requisite prior experience, we'd love to talk to you. This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Lead a communications team supporting an education and training office that helps address the growing cyber workforce gap.
- Manage promotions and event planning in support of high-profile campaigns that include multiple federal agencies.
- Provide counsel to team members with expertise in marketing, legislative affairs and creative design.
- Develop and execute marketing plans that include creative, blogs and social media.
- Coordinate cross-agency material approvals and distributions.
- Provide insightful and strategic recommendations to clients related to complex, high-profile topics related to cybersecurity.
- Oversee and contribute to regular reports, communications products, and web content, including talking points and briefing materials for agency leadership with short deadlines.
- Delegate and oversee writing assignments that include technical language and requirements.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create strategic communications plans that align with the priorities of agency and division leadership.
- BS/BA in Marketing, Communications, PR, or related field.
- Minimum of nine (9) years of strategic communications experience
- Ability to obtain a public trust security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (required by Federal government for the position)
- Ability to lead implementation of strategic communications activities.
- Experience assisting with research, planning, and development of public facing campaigns that include government, NGO, academic and/or corporate partners.
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients and project team members.
- Excellent communication skills, especially written.
- Strong project management, leadership and presentation skills.
- Strong research and organizational abilities.
- Self-starter, with ability to independently manage and delegate tasks and handle multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of public relations, and integrated communications.
Preferred Skills and experience:
- PR agency, journalism, corporate or government agency experience.
- Experience mentoring and/or supervising communications specialists.
Job Location(s): This is a remote position open to candidates located within the Metro Washington, DC area.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
$80,656.00 - $137,116.00Nationwide Remote Office (US99)