Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Storage Administrator
ICF is hiring a full-time Senior Storage Administrator to support our work in the Glen Burnie, MD area. This position requires the individual to be involved with managing the operation, administration, maintenance and troubleshooting of all components of the backup system to ensure functionality and efficiency to meet customer’s needs. The position works primarily with Oracle StorageTek (STK) software (ELS) and hardware (Silo and VSM).
- Maintain IBM DASD storage and Oracle STK tape storage library
- Perform server monitoring for all servers associated with the backup infrastructure to insure system operations and security standards are met.
- Monitor system logs to report problems and produce periodic reports.
- Insure that all operating system security policies and procedures are being adhered to
- Perform installation and maintenance of software and hardware
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide follow-up support to various customer business units
- Respond to issues generated from the Helpdesk, Operations, and Applications staff
- Create and maintain system policies and user documentation, including user guides and training material
- Support and participate in the client’s efforts to prepare for possible disaster recovery
- 10+years of related experience with Backup/Storage Engineer or Mainframe Systems Programming experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or four years of additional experience
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle STK hardware and software including ELS, Silo and VSM
- Familiarity with z/OS Security product ACF2
- Knowledge and experience with IBM DASD storage and Oracle STK tape storage
Professional Skills and Experience:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer support skills
- Proficient with MS Office applications
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)