Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Statistical Programmer
ICF is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, multi-faceted consulting company, seeking a Senior Statistical Programmer to support CDC's National Program of Cancer Registries - Cancer Surveillance System (NPCR-CSS) projects in Rockville, MD in a hybrid arrangement.
- Lead and performs data analysis/programming activities according to project specifications
- Develop complex data modeling by using SAS, experience with cancer survival analysis and prevalence a plus
- Perform complex analysis in response to data requests
- Supervise junior staff working on projects tasks and data products
- Lead the delivery of quality contract deliverables according to specified requirements and timelines
- Keep an accurate accounting of all task assignment activities
- Lead the design, coding, testing, debugging, documentation, and maintenance of statistical programs
- M.S. in public health, statistics, social sciences, computer science, or related fields
- Advanced SAS programming skills (SAS/BASE, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH)
- 5+ years’ experience in manipulating complex public health data sets
- 5+ years’ experience in the use of SAS, SQL, or equivalent software tools
- Experience working for a private or a public entity supporting government contracts
- Solid knowledge in statistics
- Experience in data visualization tools or open-source tools (e.g. Python or R) a plus
- Strong analytical, communications, and technical writing skills
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written (writing and editing) communication skills, with technical writing proficiency
- Organization and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player with sound judgment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)