Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Software Developer, Marketing Technologies
At ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
Reporting to the Partner, Technology Solutions, the Magento Sr. Developer is part of a collaborative team which sells and creates innovative solutions for our current and prospective clients. The Magento Sr. Developer will play a critical role in driving the software and technical development, design and implementation of these client’s initiatives. This person will be responsible for leading and mentoring other intermediate and junior developers on specific projects.
- A Mentor, you lead by example and challenge other to push their boundaries
- A Self-Starter, you’re an expert in your field but still eager to improve your skillset in the ever-evolving medium of the web.
- Collaborative, you enjoy working with several cross functional teams on daily basis
- An effective communicator, you have the charisma to command attention, strategize and problem-solve on your feet when needed with internal and external team members. You have a mastery of written language, able to deliver compelling technical proposals to new and existing clients
Your key responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be doing day to day…
- Technical Strategy: Discuss technical solutions with the architect, current clients, prospective clients and the internal team and provide innovative new ideas to create a functional and attractive digital environment.
- Code Reviews: enforce best practices, code guidelines and ensure code quality is up to required standards.
- Implement: develop and maintain omni-channel applications using the Magento Platform with appropriate software design methodology and in a dynamic and fast paced team environment. Use the latest best practice learning from the industry to help Customers ensure that marketing campaigns and solutions are fully integrated and fine‑tuned via data driven insights. Participate in development of implementation schedules, system implementation planning and execution.
- Documentation: participate in discovery of technical project requirements, scope and provide recommendations. Assist with defining digital marketing solution and consulting scopes.
Your Experience & Intangible traits:
The ideal candidate for the Magento Sr Developer position will possess the following competencies:
- Must be a Certified Magento Developer
- 5+ years of experience in working with Magento 1 & 2 Enterprise Edition, customizing and enhancing web store, ideally in a Magento Cloud environment
- Experience with LAMP/PHP and supporting frameworks, ideally Zend
- Experience working with MySQL & SQL databases
- Experience working with internal and third-party APIs
- Experience in developing and supporting responsive web design using modern frameworks such as Angular, React, or Ember
- Experience in cross browser testing
- Experience in Caching & Performance improvement
- Knowledge of current digital marketing trends and best practices on topics such as personalization, cross channel marketing, mobile, data driven optimization of experiences
- Ability to define conceptual technology solutions and articulate the value of technology to drive creative marketing platforms and present technology solutions to both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to methodically estimate technology execution scope of work in terms of budget and resources
- Ability to leverage existing technology tools as well as research and apply new and experimental technologies to achieve business goals
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, management information systems, mathematics or equivalent.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
California Remote Office (CA99)