Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Software Developer | 100% Remote Opportunity within the US
As a Software Developer at ICF Next you play the central role in driving innovation and using technology to drive connection through a multi-channel experience. If you have an incredible passion for innovative technology development and enjoy working with clients, ICF Next is the place for you. You should have experience with common development tools, techniques and numerous programming languages. All team members are very dynamic with experience delivering end-to-end solutions, quite often skilled in front-end and back-end technologies
- Stay up to date on assigned specialties, work on expanding to others
- Use analytical thinking to make decisions based on facts and metrics whenever possible
- Be willing to step up and lead initiatives at, or slightly above your title. (Proving that you can operate at a higher level than your current title is part of the evaluation process for promotions.)
- Work harmoniously with all Technology team members, Project Owners and Scrum Masters
- Develop and follow our coding standards
- Use professional communications skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and accept new challenges within and outside of your core skills
- Agile methodologies – SAFe, Scrum/Kanban, Less
- Stay organized, calm, and rational in your dealings with clients and coworkers.
- Bring new ideas, tools, services, and techniques to the group
- Mentor others based on what you’re expert in
Preferred Primary Skills
- Integration/Interpreted: Node, Java
- Back End: Java Enterprise, Kafka, ElasticSearch
- Frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, SpringBatch
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, AWS Database technologies
- Cloud: AWS or Azure with focus on AWS S3, EC2, ECS/EKS, Lambda, Step Functions, RDS, etc
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Patterns
- Expected to own smaller efforts and components of larger projects
- Expected to lead 1 medium project OR many small projects.
Preferred Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Additional Data technologies: Nifi, Hadoop, SSRS, AWS Glue/Athena/S3/Redshift
- AWS EC2, VPC/Network, Load balancer, IAM, S3
Education & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, mathematics or equivalent
- 3+ years of recent Web Programming experience
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Minneapolis, MN (MN03)