Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
We are looking to add a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to our growing team. This position can be performed from any home office within North America! (Yes, that means work from the comfort of your home!)
Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs supporting company business processes and operations. Analyzes, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software. Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems. Analyzes, designs, acquires and implements projects for LAN and/or WAN systems. Plans, designs, acquires and implements telecommunications voice/wire systems. At higher job levels, may contribute to the development, testing, evaluation or design of system or infrastructure architecture used throughout the IT solution set.
- Continuous improvement: Identify and implement areas of improvement with current technologies and work with senior technology leadership to ensure enhancements fit into overall technology architecture
- Incident & Problem Management: Troubleshooting, investigating, and remediate service outages and issues. Manage priority incidents on behalf of ICF’s clients. Act as a mentor and escalation point for junior members of the team
- Investigate: Lead impact assessments, root cause analysis, and remediation efforts
- Application Deployment: Work closely with software development and project management teams to support application deployments
- On Call Rotation: Participate in balanced on-call rotation, after hours and weekends
- Managing Environments: Understand, engineer, and maintain the design dependencies and integrity within client environments and service level expectations
- Monitoring: Ensure action is taken on all application/infrastructure level alerts
- System Management: Performance, Capacity management, licensing, patching and working to maintain these within defined standards for specific clients/assets for applications installed with client environments
- Automation: Identify and lead Infrastructure as Code (IaC) development efforts
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Computer Science & or Information Technology related field; or related/equivalent experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience in the Information Technology sector
- Experience being part of a technical application support team diagnosing technical problems
- Demonstratable experience in coding and or scripting with at least 3 modern scripting languages
- 4 years supporting modern server operating systems (Linux/Windows), certifications required
- 3 years of hands on experience with major cloud platforms such as AWS and or Azure preferred
- Demonstratable experience with at least 1 configuration management tool such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- AWS Certifications (SysOps, Solutions Architect, or Developer) or Microsoft Certifications (70-532, -533, -534) are highly preferred
- Demonstratable experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment methodology and their tools such as Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo
- Experience with Kubernetes, OpenShift, or other Containerization technologies
- Excellent verbal & written skills in English
- Ability and willingness to learn new software tools and applications
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
California Remote Office (CA99)