Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Scientific Data Analyst
ICF is seeking a Senior level Scientific Data Management / Data Analyst Specialist to support a Department of Defense (DoD) client in the Washington, DC Metro Area (i.e., the DMV). The specialists will collect, manage and analyze mental/psychological health-related data to develop reports, papers, and visualizations that support evidence-based decision-making by stakeholders throughout the DoD’s Military Health System (MHS). We are seeking mid-career to senior expert analysts with advanced SAS skills and a good working knowledge of Tableau to provide experienced analytic support to enhance surveillance, monitoring, and program evaluation efforts throughout the MHS. While prior DoD MHS experience is not required, qualified, interested applications with previous DoD experience are highly encouraged to apply. Candidates must have demonstrated experience working with very large data sets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize MHS administrative and clinical data to assess mental health care utilization and trends in mental health disorders among beneficiaries (service members, veterans, and their dependent family members)
- Utilize advanced SAS skills to extract, cleanse, manage, manipulate, and evaluate data extracted from very large databases in order to evaluate psychological health care programs and trainings to assess performance against established standards/benchmarks, quality, effectiveness, and/or cost efficiencies
- Use the same analyses to measure surveillance of certain mental health conditions across the DoD/MHS
- Conceptualize processed and outcome metrics to support high-quality mental health care delivery and to inform MHS policy and programmatic adjustments
- Conduct quantitative analysis on data sets and execute queries using statistical analysis software programs
- Develop dynamic data visualizations and dashboards using analytic output that allow stakeholders to tailor output to their specific needs
- Develop presentations for leadership to share findings and assist in making actionable recommendations
- Prepare analytic reports and publications detailing methods, findings, and recommendations
Mandatory Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills):
- Master’s degree with 8+ years of experience
- Experience writing complex SAS and SQL code to extract and manipulate datasets from extremely large data repositories and relational databases
- Experience performing program evaluations analyses utilizing very large, complex datasets
- Experience conducting data management and data cleaning
- Experience using statistical software packages to conduct descriptive and inferential statistics
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, listening, presentation, and facilitation
Desired Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills):
- Master’s degree in public health, data science, or biostatistics
- Active access to the MHS Data Repository (MDR) database
- Experience as an analytic team lead, overseeing data management, data quality, and analytic programming efforts
- Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau
- Experience operating within a DoD environment (employee or contractor) or other government agencies
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)