Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Restoration Ecologist
Senior Restoration Ecologist
We are the Environment & Planning Division. We are passionate about doing what’s right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence—these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow.
Our Southern California Natural Resources Team is seeking a Senior Restoration Ecologist to join a collaborative group of wildlife biologists, botanists, aquatic resource biologists (waters, wetlands, and riparian areas), restoration ecologists, and regulatory specialists. You will use your technical skills and experience with Southern California vegetation communities to support restoration programs and to take the role of Senior Project Manager.
The applicant should have a background in restoration ecology, landscape architecture, botany, or a related field, and have a thorough understanding of soils, hydrology, and other physical and biological processes related to restoring upland, aquatic resource, and riparian habitats. The Senior Restoration Ecologist will be providing support for the restoration/revegetation of upland and aquatic resource projects and working in a team setting, collaborating with botanists, wildlife biologists, soil scientists, geomorphologists, landscape architects, hydrologists, engineers, and planners. The Senior Restoration Ecologist will provide technical support for habitat restoration projects including feasibility assessments, conceptual and detailed design, construction oversight, and maintenance and performance monitoring. The Senior Restoration Ecologist will also lead and support business development efforts including client outreach and lead generation, and proposal preparation. Position is based in Southern CA with options to work remotely or in our San Diego, Los Angeles or Irvine office.
What You Must Have
- B.S. in restoration ecology, biology, botany, landscape architecture, environmental science, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in environmental consulting or related field with a focus on habitat restoration.
- Experience with restoration and re-vegetation techniques
- Ability to identify non-native species and provide guidance on adaptive management and weeding techniques and timing.
- Experience preparing technical studies and/or conceptual and detailed design plans for habitat restoration projects.
- Experience preparing Habitat Mitigation and Monitoring Plans to support permitting.
- Experience collecting, organizing, and analyzing field data.
- Strong organizational, communication, writing, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience in proposal and budget preparation
- Demonstrated business and client development experience
- Public speaking and present experience, including participation in project interviews
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
What We Would Like You To Have
- M.A. or M.S. in environmental science, biology, botany, landscape architecture, or related field
- Experience overseeing implementation including hydroseeding, seeding, container planting, and staking
- Experience in performing CRAM surveys
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
San Diego, CA (CA74)