Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Research Methodologist
ICF seeks a Senior Public Research Methodologist to expand our research and evaluation business and support short-term and long-term public health and applied research/evaluation projects. We seek someone who is a thought leader in one more aspects of research/evaluation methodology; who is able to roll-up their sleeves and pitch in with day-to-day work; and has deep public health interest and domain expertise – domestically or globally.
Our Public Health Practice serves clients such as the CDC, SAMHSA, National Science Foundation, Department of Defense, private and nonprofit organizations, and state governments and focuses on domestic and international public health problems. We have a deep history of designing and leading federal efforts that involve single and multi-site research and evaluation, treatment effectiveness studies, cost effectiveness studies, as well as performance monitoring; and the analysis of primary and extant data to understand relationship, process, outcome and impact. This position is 100% remote/telecommute.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and implement public health studies including leadership over methodological design, data collection, analysis, and dissemination teams and direct hands-on related work.
- Consult/propose large and small methodology decisions for potential, new, and ongoing projects.
- Lead and co-author methodology and substantive reports for clients (e.g., writing, editing, and data analysis)
- Play a key role in ICF's methodological, analytic, and public health thought leadership by co-authoring or leading conference presentations, conducting original research, authoring and co-authoring proceedings papers, working papers, and peer-reviewed manuscripts.
- Design and Implement analytic plans, interpret results, and communicate results to varied audiences.
- Communicate analytic and methodological concepts to clients and other project team members verbally and in writing.
- Provide leadership for the pursuit of new business (contracts, cooperative agreement, grants, etc.), managing all or portions of large and/or complex proposal efforts – depending on nature of the proposal.
- Informally mentor and manage staff on any of the tasks above as needed. While this position does not have any personnel management responsibility, the successful candidate will be responsible for project leadership, project task management, often in close collaboration with project managers and project directors, Ability to work as a team and take initiative is a must.
- Ph.D. or other doctoral level degree in social/behavioral/educational science, public health, health economics or a quantitative statistical or data science (e.g., sociology, psychology, public health, statistics, epidemiology, or biostatistics)
- 10+ years experience in research/evaluation design or administration, applied to public health (domestic or global) interventions and conditions.
- Ability to independently conduct and interpret advanced statistical analyses, such as multilevel regression, factor analysis, structural equation modeling, cost benefit, longitudinal modeling, and analyses – as well as mentor others.
- Significant writing experience, including client reports, proposals, peer-reviewed papers or other type of thought leadership.
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing and leading research/evaluation projects including grants and contracts.
- Demonstrated track record of thought or practice leadership such as conference presentations and peer-reviewed articles.
- Regular participation in one or more public health or methodological professional organizations
- Attention to detail, organized, and proactive
- Ability to work with little supervision on a regular basis, and knows when to ask questions; Ability to manage multiple competing tasks and deadlines, prioritize tasks, and negotiate prioritization
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Ability to make decisions on methodological components of projects when presented with minimal input and sometimes under tight timelines
- Ability to drive project progress when there is not dedicated management staff (e.g., for thought leadership, internal projects, and small projects)
- One writing or work samples, including at least one on which you were a solo or primary author (can include a report, conference presentation or paper, or other similar work demonstrating experience with high level research methods and analysis; Please do not send more than one document)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)