Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Research Manager, Justice & Victim Services (Hybrid ICF office/remote role)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion, is simply who we are and what we do.
SENIOR RESEARCH MANAGER, JUSTICE & VICTIM SERVICES
The Justice, Workforce, Preparedness and Community Development (JWPCD) Research and Evaluation Team has a broad portfolio of projects focusing on criminal justice practices and policies, victim services, and victimization. The team is seeking a Senior Research Manager to work on multiple projects with topics ranging from victim services, juvenile justice, human trafficking, and law enforcement. The Senior Research Manager will be responsible for leading key tasks, serving as a project manager and principal investigator, reviewing and overseeing the work of more junior staff, and assisting in the collection, analysis, and dissemination of data through reports, journal articles, and presentations. In addition, the Senior Research Manager will assist in contract and/or grant proposal efforts by leading and managing individual efforts (as relevant), writing key sections and overseeing support sections. This is a mid-level management position for a justice and victims services researcher looking to grow existing project management experience, statistical analysis, and business development skills in a fast-paced environment. Research Managers contribute to the development of innovative, high quality products and services in support for multiple projects. This role will require travel approximately 10% nationwide on an annual basis in the coming years.
This position is based in ICF's metro-accessible HQ building in Reston, Virginia. Wiehle–Reston East Metro station is on the Silver Line. Other ICF office locations are optional. HYBRID role with some days work from home schedule will be supported.
- Lead and manage large, complex projects, including oversight and mentoring of junior staff.
- Oversee project budgets and adherence to project timelines and deliverables.
- Collect primary data through conducting interviews, focus groups, or surveys. Lead site visits.
- Manage databases and clean/process data using statistical analysis software such as SPSS, Stata, or SAS.
- Oversee the transcription and coding of qualitative data.
- Analyze primary and secondary data using intermediate and advanced statistical methods.
- Teach/oversee entry-level staff in foundational quantitative methods such as programming in statistical software and basic statistical analyses.
- Write proposal sections or lead small proposal efforts. Contribute to writing reports, journal articles, and policy/practitioner briefs.
- Present methods and findings to clients and represent projects at select national conferences and to key stakeholders.
- Engage partners and potential clients to expand ICF’s network and build business relationships.
- Supervise junior researchers on adherence to ICF policy, provided mentorship, offer insights on professional growth, and oversee technical responsibilities.
- PhD in criminal justice, sociology, statistics, economics, or related field.
- 8+ years of work experience in applied social science research, with multiple past projects related to criminal justice topics.
- US citizenship required by federal government contract.
- This position requires a Public Trust security clearance. Applicants will be subject to government security investigation to obtain clearance prior to the start date.
- Experience or knowledge related to victim services/victimology, juvenile justice, human trafficking, and/or other criminal justice areas.
- Experience managing complex tasks with little oversight.
- Demonstrated mastery and work experience (outside the classroom) related to statistical analyses and software (i.e., SPSS, SAS, and Stata) with strong skills in programming/syntax.
- Experience with data collection, administering surveys, interviews, focus groups, or structured observations in multiple settings.
- Superior technical writing skills including editing ability (writing sample is required) and recent publication of research findings.
- Willingness to travel approximately 10% nationwide on an annual basis in the coming years.
- Proficient in MS applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with advanced statistical techniques, such as social network analysis, cost-benefit analysis, geospatial analysis/mapping, or advanced modeling (e.g., regression with diverse distributions, SEM, HLM).
- Experiencing managing mid-sized to large projects (at least $300,000).
- Prior research experience with marginalized and vulnerable populations, especially tribes, LGBTQIA+, victims/survivors, or youth.
- Prior research experience engaging with systemically excluded communities and providing recommendations on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Experience and ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and partners.
- Strong organizational skills, superior attention to detail, and ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities.
- Superior interpersonal skills including professionalism and a collaborative attitude. Candidate should enjoy and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, work independently, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and eager to learn.
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$103,672.00 - $176,242.00
Reston, VA (VA30)