Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Python Developer - Cleared (Hybrid)
ICF International seeks an experienced, cleared Senior Python Developer to work a hybrid work schedule and support the research and development of new cyber analytic capabilities that will help the US protect and defend its networks and critical information systems. The successful cleared candidate will act as a Senior Python Developer to support a large federal cyber security analytic program. Your work will contribute to the knowledge of how cyber-attacks work, how vulnerabilities are exploited, and the way hostile cyber actors operate. We are looking for individuals that want to analyze and understand data to identify anomalies. Utilize your skills to help experiment and prototype future cyber capabilities for implementation at large-scale.
As the Senior Python Developer, you will work with our customers, program subject matter experts, and researchers to evolve, automate, and enhance cybersecurity capabilities. Additionally, you will provide software engineering development and support, as well as oversight for other personnel. This is an opportunity to contribute to an important project from its beginning, work with the latest and emerging technologies, and all while building a great career at ICF!
This role is primarily telework-based with occasional meetings at client locations (Arlington, VA or Pensacola, FL) or ICF facilities within the National Capital Region.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work closely with cyber personnel to understand manual analytic processes that are used to assist in the automation of those processes
- Create automated analytic capability sets (e.g., signature, behavioral, heuristic, anomalous, unsupervised-learning, predictive, and emerging)
- Develop new platforms to elicit operational effect
- Support the design, development, and deployment of production systems adhering to the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline
- Post-deployment support of continuous analysis through the full lifecycle of the capabilities
- Perform functions associated with the analysis of information, refinement of analytics and countermeasure selection, reviewing output, and making upgrades/improvements to the performance of the analytics and countermeasures
What You Must Have:
- US Citizenship required as part of client contract requirements.
- High level security clearance with SCI eligibility is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of experience or a Master’s degree with 10+ years of experience in software development
- Knowledge of federal cybersecurity requirements
- Experience with a variety of analytics (e.g., file, network, host-based, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients in order to explain and elaborate on technical details
- Experience within some or all of these capability areas: Intrusion Detection, Analytics, Information Sharing, Intrusion Prevention, Core Infrastructure
- Experience with developing applications running on Big Data platforms such as Hadoop/Cloudera or Spark
- Experience with shell scripting using Bash, PowerShell, or equivalent
- Experience with network monitoring tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, Zeek, SiLK, or YAF
- Experience within Cloud environments in or using technologies provided by AWS, Google, or Azure
- Experience with monitoring/diagnosing activity at the host, application, network, Internet protocol, database, source code, and LAN layers or other areas preferred
- Experience in analytics associated with analyzing databases, source code, hosts, middleware, application, Local Area Network (LAN), and Internet networks across Open System Interconnect (OSI) model
- Experience in developing real- or near real-time automation
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) or higher certification level preferred
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$93,668.00 - $159,236.00
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)