Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Purchasing Specialist - Flexible work locations
ICF is growing and we are looking for a Senior Purchasing Specialist (Buyer) to join our Contracts & Administration team in Fairfax, VA. Our team is currently working from home. We look forward to returning to our offices later this year.
This is a great opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
What you will do:
- Serve as a business partner to assigned Business Unit on their direct purchasing matters.
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and government rules affecting purchases and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
- Assist in the preparation of formal requests for quote or proposal; reviews specifications and evaluates bids received.
- Locate and help approve suppliers and or partners, using sources such as catalogs, internet, small business initiatives, and interviews to gather information about products and services that match requisition requirements.
- Vendor development to include communication with sales representatives; updating and maintaining list of approved vendors for bidding purposes; obtaining samples and literature regarding potential products and vendor capabilities and conferring with end users.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Ensure subcontractor/consultant agreements, Task Orders, and appropriate Terms and Conditions are utilized.
- Negotiate price and terms of Purchase Orders with prospective vendors and suppliers.
- Enter and maintain Purchase Orders in Deltek Costpoint.
- Transmit, track confirmations, and file of all Procurement related documents in a timely manner ensuring compliance with corporate documentation and retention procedures.
- Monitor contracts and orders and expedites delivery; arbitrates disputes with vendors.
- Office supply and business card invoice reconciliations.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or additional experience in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of procurement experience
- 3+ years of experience working in a government contracting environment
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- To be a team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
What we would like:
- Knowledge of Deltek Costpoint
- Knowledge of FAR/DFARS and CPSR requirements
- Knowledge of Commercial purchases
- Knowledge of Procurement of IT related products and services
- Familiarity with SharePoint
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)