Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Purchasing Specialist
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. At ICF we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
ICF is growing and we are looking for a Senior Purchasing Specialist to join the Purchasing Team within our Contracts & Administration Group. This role is responsible for executing procurement processes and administering vendor agreements throughout the client project lifecycle to ensure adherence to approved purchasing system policy and procedures, client requirements, and procurement best practices. This position will report directly to the Director of Purchasing.
- Serve as a point of contact for the Commercial Marketing Group and partner to specific line of business for all acquisition initiatives.
- Guide specific line of business to ensure procurement policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Conduct cradle to grave procurement actions, with accompanying compliant files in accordance with Federal regulations and ICF Corporate Procurement policies and procedures as applicable.
- Assist in the preparation of formal requests for quotation or proposal, review proposal specifications and evaluate bids received to determine best value.
- Negotiate agreement terms and conditions to mitigate risk and foster best value outcomes.
- Identify new vendors, cultivate existing vendor relationships, and conduct dispute resolutions to satisfy program requirements while meeting supplier diversity goals.
- Compare evaluation criteria to include prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best overall value among potential suppliers.
- Timely processing of purchase requisitions, issuing Purchase Orders through an E-requisition system, ensuring service level agreement expectations are met.
- Mentor junior Purchasing staff, sharing best practices and lessons learned to team members navigate advanced situations.
- Perform Purchasing credit card invoice reconciliations and allocations as required.
- Assist with procurement related tasks for additional business units as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, Operations, or a business-related field required.
- 5+ years of experience in a Procurement-related field, such as Subcontract Management, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, with at least 2+ years of experience working in a government contracting environment.
- Microsoft Suite (including Word, Outlook, and SharePoint).
- Experience with various contract types and associated regulations to include time & material, fixed-price, cost reimbursable.
- Experience executing purchasing activities in a professional services environment.
- Strong negotiation skills in reviewing agreement terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of Deltek Costpoint.
- Possession of Institute for Supply Management Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) and/or related purchasing certifications.
- Knowledge of Procurement of IT related products and services.
- Experience with indirect and direct purchasing of goods and services.
- Experience with procuring complex services.
- Strong business judgement and ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of procurement best practices and company procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for internal customers.
- Possess a partnering mindset with a solution-focused approach to managing complex scenarios and diverse stakeholder groups.
- Ability to adapt to dynamic situations as they arise.
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing customer support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of situational awareness, and able to be proactive with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to provide innovative strategies and approaches to problems.
- A team player mentality with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)