Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Purchasing Specialist
ICF is growing and we are looking for a Senior Purchasing Specialist (Buyer) to join our Contracts & Administration team in Fairfax, VA.
What you will do:
- Serve as a business partner to assigned Business Unit on their direct purchasing matters.
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and government rules affecting purchases and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
- Assist in the preparation of formal requests for quote or proposal; reviews specifications and evaluates bids received.
- Locate and help approve suppliers and or partners, using sources such as catalogs, internet, small business initiatives, and interviews to gather information about products and services that match requisition requirements.
- Vendor development to include communication with sales representatives; updating and maintaining list of approved vendors for bidding purposes; obtaining samples and literature regarding potential products and vendor capabilities and conferring with end users.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Ensure subcontractor/consultant agreements, Task Orders, and appropriate Terms and Conditions are utilized.
- Negotiate price and terms of Purchase Orders with prospective vendors and suppliers.
- Enter and maintain Purchase Orders in Deltek Costpoint.
- Transmit, track confirmations, and file of all Procurement related documents in a timely manner ensuring compliance with corporate documentation and retention procedures.
- Monitor contracts and orders and expedites delivery; arbitrates disputes with vendors.
- Office supply and business card invoice reconciliations.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of procurement experience
- 3+ years of experience working in a government contracting environment
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- To be a team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
What we would like:
- Knowledge of Deltek Costpoint
- Knowledge of FAR/DFARS and CPSR requirements
- Knowledge of Commercial purchases
- Knowledge of Procurement of IT related products and services
- Familiarity with SharePoint
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)