Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Public Health Epidemiologist
ICF seeks candidates for a full time Senior Epidemiologist to support the CDC on complex epidemiologic and surveillance activities related to emerging public health threats. The epidemiologist will propose and initiate epidemiologic and program evaluation studies, including design, implementation, analysis, and dissemination. Additionally, the epidemiologist will have the responsibility for providing technical consultation and assistance to CDC concerning various epidemiologic projects and syndromic surveillance.
- Provide statistical, methodological, and epidemiological support for CDC in syndromic surveillance, epidemiology, policy, preparedness and emergency response.
- Develop analysis plans for epidemiologic studies and conduct data analysis using national or site-specific data sets.
- Perform statistical analysis (i.e., descriptive, predictive, regression modeling). The analysis will be used to develop scientific technical reports or manuscripts.
- Contribute to and edit publications and technical reports that include comprehensive literature reviews, methodology and analysis plans. These reports may focus on policy, surveillance, economics, research, and other subjects that are tied to key public health issues as determined by CDC.
- Rapidly respond within 48- to 72-hours, as specified, to CDC requests for data analyses.
- Conduct research, comprehensive literature reviews and data analysis to determine the best practices for maintaining, updating, enhancing, or implementing syndromic methodologies.
- A master’s degree in Public Health (Epidemiology/Biostatistics) or closely related field and 5 years minimum experience performing epidemiologic work in disease surveillance and surveillance systems.
- Experience in using analytical results to inform evidence-based programmatic and policy recommendations, preparing and submitting manuscripts to peer-reviewed scientific journals, and presenting related findings.
- Knowledge of research design, demonstration, and evaluation concepts and methodologies statistical concepts and methods and their application to research analysis; standard and appropriate research sources and texts; and of measurement, testing and evaluation procedures.
- Possesses advanced analytical skills and demonstrates proficiency in collection, organization, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of research findings; ability to extract and merge large volumes of data from disparate sources for analysis.
- Experience with predictive modeling, with emphasis on machine learning and natural language processing
- Detail oriented, works well within a diverse team, demonstrates a high degree of initiative and flexibility, communicates effectively in a positive and professional manner, prioritizes activities when under tight deadlines.
- Strong technical skills including report development and data management, as well as scientific programming and experience querying large databases in analytical software such as R or Python. Proficiency in R markdown reports and R Shiny dashboard development. Proactive, problem solving approach to challenges.
- Ability to analyze issues, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations; to prepare and present comprehensive statistical and narrative reports; and to conduct effective presentations.
- Experience using electronic health records (EHR) such as ICD10, SNOMED, LOINC. Expertise in one of the following types of data: laboratory data, mortality data, injury and/or drug overdose epidemiology, or cancer epidemiology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience reviewing and editing documents.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Atlanta, GA (GA18)