Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Public Health Analyst
ICF’s purpose is “To build a more prosperous and resilient world for all”. Find your purpose, and join ICF as our new Senior Public Health Analyst! As a Public Health Analyst, you will combine your Quantitative and Qualitative research skills to perform work with Health Departments and other HIV prevention programs to conduct data management, analytics and other program related activities that are supported by our CDC client. In this intermediate-level position, your efforts can contribute to clear data-sharing of trends and best practices, as well as being a resource to your ICF team. This role also offers the opportunity for direct interaction with members of our CDC client team and leadership.
This is an exciting opportunity apply your knowledge and to make a difference.
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
Beyond this program, ICF has a large Public Health Practice with offering many opportunities to learn and grow and be mentored and supported by experts in Public Health and Research.
This position is currently remote. Some travel (1-2 times per year) may be required to Atlanta, GA, or other cities to attend onsite meetings per CDC client request.
The Public Health Analyst will analyze quantitative and qualitative program evaluation data and provide output in the format requested. Some specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting routine analysis and interpretation of data, as well as data entry, coding, and transcription.
- Using qualitative data, including transcripts and narrative data, to perform content analysis and or thematic analysis to identify themes and topics that supplement quantitative findings.
- Checking data files for completeness, run data quality assurance programs, and coordinate with clients to proactively identify and resolve data collection/management issues.
- Supporting dissemination and reporting of data to stakeholders.
- Maintaining detailed step-by-step descriptions of each analysis performed.
- Masters' Degree in public health (MPH), statistics, or related field and at least 5 years of experience with data collection, data analysis, and data cleaning. Or a PhD and 2 plus years of experience with data collection, data analysis, and data cleaning.
- 5 plus years working in public health in a senior data analyst role, managing other junior data analysts.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience with HIV prevention, treatment, surveillance, and or research/programs.
- Preferred 5 plus years of experience working with CDC clients in infectious disease.
- Demonstrated advanced skills/experience leading a team of junior analysts using SAS, SPSS, MAXQDA, ATLAS.ti, NVivo, or other qualitative data analysis software.
- Ability to produce qualitative data codebooks.
- Ability to write scientific reports for internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated skills/experience in quantitative and qualitative coding of data.
- Demonstrated skills/experience with scientific-technical writing.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with little supervision, both independently and as a member of a diverse team.
- Excellent verbal, oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations.
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
$73,324.00 - $124,651.00Nationwide Remote Office (US99)