Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Project Manager
Leads, Plans, monitors and manages technical infrastructure projects from initiation through completion. Leads or coordinates project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, troubleshooting and people management. Ensures work plans meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability & schedule. Monitors performance and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions. Responsibilities are within the Project/Program Management function as a generalist or in a combination of Disciplines. Uses specific knowledge about one or more technical areas to research, plan, communicate and achieve objectives through program/project team.
- Leads a collection of mid to large infrastructure projects within the organization leveraging support from team leaders, architects and other internal project management personnel.
- Establishes process and leads/defines measuring process efficiency.
- Ability to manage budgets, forecasting and cost analysis
- Owns process for workflow and its continuous improvement.
- Ability to support organizational leadership, identify conflicting priorities and facilitate resolution.
- Develops expert knowledge of the organizational structure and workings.
- Utilize the Scrum Framework, and other Agile methods for resourcing and workflow to support the delivery team.
- Expert knowledge of multiple methodologies such as Agile, DevOps and Lean a plus
- Collaborates and drives leadership team on process, prioritization and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Translate project management methodologies into simplified and lean processes that can be leveraged for small to midsized projects where formal Project Management is not required.
- Maintain and socialize infrastructure projects, deadlines and initiatives organizationally.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and possess organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong computer knowledge including the MS Office Suite, VPN and collaboration tools.
- Ability and willingness to select and learn new technology and applications for the organization.
- 8+ years project/program management experience; 6+ years technical experience preferred
- College degree or equivalent experience
- PMP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in support of other project/program managers
- Must be flexible enough to work overtime when needed
- Ability to travel 10%
Recognized as an expert in own area within immediate organization. Leverages specialized depth and/or breadth of infrastructuve expertise. Applies a broad perspective to identify solutions to complex problems. Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve issues in creative and effective ways.
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable or previously unidentified factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Work is accomplished without considerable direction. Exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of assignments. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments. May informally lead or advise others.
Interacts regularly with peers in other functional areas, immediate organization management, clients or vendors to complete objectives. May require interaction with senior management levels among external clients or vendors. Influences clients and management regarding matters of significance to immediate work.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Illinois Remote Office (IL99)