Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Project Management Office (PMO) Specialist
Do you ever wish the work you did mattered? Really mattered? We’re looking for an experienced Senior Project Management Office (PMO) Specialist to support disaster recovery work in Austin, Texas. This is an opportunity to be a part of a project management team that is helping the State of Texas improve the lives of people, businesses, and communities every day. Join us and put your skills to work in service of something meaningful and big. Really big.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior PMO Specialist who is genuinely passionate about project management. We need someone who loves project planning, tracking, monitoring, reporting, budgeting, scheduling, and all of the other day-to-day activities that are essential to support our consultants in delivering project excellence.
You’ll be full time at our project office in downtown Austin, reporting to our Project Director, and working with a multidisciplinary team of the best technical experts in the business. But with your and ICF’s growth, you’ll also have exciting opportunities to help launch and manage other disaster recovery PMOs across the country.
What you’ll be doing:
• Helping apply industry-recognized project management practices and lifecycle support across multiple projects
• Assisting in managing project objectives, metrics, risks, and constraints
• Working with our internal team and client in reporting the status of our work, including data entry and review on an MS Excel-based project portfolio
• Serving as the go-to contact on the project team for support in tracking project performance, pricing activities, ICF invoicing, and maintaining compliance with work orders and contracts
• Developing and maintaining budgets and forecasts in MS Excel, including quarterly Estimates at Completion
• Supporting the development of agreements and tasking to subcontractors, including review, oversight, and approval of their level of effort and invoicing
• Supporting the development of project controls, including review of project time tracking
• Identifying opportunities for process improvement and innovation in our project management approach
• Helping to develop and find ways to leverage standardized processes within the projects and broader ICF
• Facilitating weekly and other client meetings
• Creating and maintain project artifacts• Coordinating with our Divisional PMO and others on project administration
What you’ll need to be considered:
• 5+ years of project management experience including, finance, budgeting, etc.
• 2+ year experience with project management methodologies, i.e, Agile, Kanban• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience (Pivot table, Macros)
What we’d like you to have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study
• PMP or other relevant professional certification
• Consulting experience with Federal, State, and/or local governments
• Experience in disaster recovery
• Knowledge of CDBG-DR and/or CDBG-MIT• Experience in Microsoft Teams
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong team player and excellent collaboration skills
• Independent staff engagement and decision making ability
• Keen eye for detail
• Self motivated and the drive to achieve
• A positive attitude and flexibility to embrace change and a fast pace• A desire to provide outstanding client service
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Austin, TX (TX18)