Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Product Manager
ICF is looking for a Senior Product Manager to support vital web-based resources for a federal government client. The Product Manager will coordinate cross-functional teams assigned initiative(s), support the Product Owner in defining and refining the development backlog and lead delivery of incremental product releases in support of innovation or operational deliverables. This is a highly visible and dynamic position and requires an individual with strong communication and collaboration skills who can think strategically and execute tactically.
Lead a multi-disciplinary team to scope, prioritize, and implement new features and improvements based on business objectives, usability studies, and analytics
Apply data and research about users to make informed recommendations
- Advocates on behalf of the customer so that the development team understands their needs. Defines and communicates customer needs and the associated features to meet those needs.
- Translate feature ideas into actionable product requirements and user stories with respective acceptance criteria and definition of “done”
- Manage the prioritization of features within a crowded roadmap based on input from product stakeholders
- Work side-by-side with the Agile team (e.g. scrum master, developers, designer, data analyst, tester) to develop, iterate, and refine products and features
- Actively monitor functionality and quality of released deliverables and proactively diagnose and solve issues
- Establish and maintain timelines, product roadmaps, and release plans in accordance with customer and stakeholder needs
Actively communicate with assigned stakeholders to understand and define current needs and priorities
- Actively collaborate in team meetings including sprint planning, daily standups, and sprint retrospectives
- Collaborate with internal and external team members to ensure timely receipt of feedback, requirement clarifications, and/or identified issues
- Perform continuous risk assessment and mitigation; work with management to identify and remove resource, feasibility, and technical barriers that can impede development
- Work closely with ICF leadership to coordinate UX, technology, and business resources and ensuring the project is staffed appropriately.
Define success and establish and track success metrics and KPIs
- Ensure rapid delivery of the future state to meet project requirements and align with the target architecture and technology strategy
- Ensure that the resulting system delivers enhanced productivity for the user community overall
Maintain a positive, results-oriented work environment by building partnerships, modeling teamwork, and communicating in an open, balanced, and objective manner
- Develop and exemplify servant leadership to assigned team(s) in Agile processes and cross-functional communication
- Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, and excellence in the work environment and continuously elevate the quality and caliber of the program’s technical organization
- Promote continuous improvement and be a positive agent of change
Education and Experience Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business, or related fields
Relevant Work Experience:
- 8+ years of experience supporting technical software or website development
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager or product owner for web-based resources
- Must have Experience working on federal projects
- Experience launching 2 or more products, including ongoing analysis and continuous product improvements.
- Experience working on large and cross-functional projects in a complex, policy and data-driven environment
- Experience analyzing customer feedback, user research, and performance data to guide product feature development
- Experience working with remote teams is a plus
- Experience in the Biomedical market is a plus
- Licenses/Certifications: Agile/Product Management certification (e.g., Certified Scrum Product Owner)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of human-centered design principles and integrating design and Agile
- Working knowledge of the technical software development process, including Agile methodologies, process, and principles
- Thought leadership with experience modernizing customer applications/systems and launching products
- Team player with excellent problem-solving and consensus-building skills
- Ability to incorporate and resolve conflicting direction from multiple management, user, and technical stakeholders
- Proficiency working with JIRA and Confluence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- General understanding of clinical trials/biomedical data is a plus
- Must have Experience working on federal projects
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)